Chicago Region May Outing 5/18 - The Onion Pub

I had a great time at the Onion Pub outing. Thanks, Tim for putting it together. What I had expected to be a morning of fishing turned into an entire day! ( thanks to Gene and Mike). After lunch, and two periods of hockey, we hit the Fox. Me being the only guy with waders. I put on a clinic for them of what not to do with a fly rod! I hope there are no pictures... :) then Gene showed me how to roll cast after he caught 8. He finally let me catch one! Had a great time. Look forward to meeting more club members at future outings.

Hey Tim, thanks again for coordinating a fun event. Eugene, I enjoyed fishing and getting punctured by buckthorn with you. Jim, it was great meeting you and I look forward to hitting the Kank with you.

Jim, did Eugene really catch 8??? And yes, there are pictures. If we don't hit the Kank within the next 30 days I plan to post them one at a time...

Tim, thanks again for putting this together. It was fun seeing old members again and meeting some new ones. Sounds as though it's time to hit the Fox again, especially now that Eugene has gone over to the dark side. I always knew he had a dark side, but just didn't know there was a fly rod hidden there.

We had a total of 8 for this outing, with Jude cancelling Saturday morning after I called his house(instead of his cell, sorry Mrs. Jude!) @ 7:15am. It was tough day with a high sky and the fish sitting on beds. I believe we all still caught some fish, even if it was only some large gills, with Frank taking several fish 14"+. It was beautiful day out and we enjoyed the beginning of the Hawks game and some good food in the restaurant afterwards.

Thanks to everyone who come out!

Tim, thanks for setting this up. Had a blast! Decided to do a lap around the entire pond. The back side was steep with a small

goat trail. Caught a fish after several backlashes were cleaned up. Yes! I started with a bait caster! simple jig and

craw then a paddle tail. Gills were thick and on the hunt. The bass were nice and on the beds. Lunch was good with the ISA crew taking seat

under the big screen. Took a tour thru the hills to find a spot on the fox. Watched Jim fling a fly in West Dundee, Mike was tossing a few

different lures. Hopped to another spot that is more productive when the water is up like it is.. Picked off quite a few tight to a wall.

where the current was bouncing off a branch is stuck against a rock. I Showed Jim the spot a few times and kept explained

Tight to the WALL!!!! :D

Hope to see a bunch of you at our next event. Sgt. Tommy's :D