Flood before and after

John Gillio

Hey, I've got an idea. Let's start an ISA lawn and garden forum. Instead of fretting about high river levels, we can discuss various flowers and plants. The bird feeding thread got us through the winter, and garden chat should be able to fill in for missing fishing reports until August when yards start to brown out in the heat. I'll start with some pictures of some of my plants that are just loving the recent 2 1/2 " rain we got this weekend.

post-32-0-13863100-1405346992_thumb.jpgpost-32-0-21800200-1405347015_thumb.jpgpost-32-0-01246900-1405347029_thumb.jpg

And to think, just a few years ago was such a severe drought with crop damage, aquifer depletion, etc. Remember when there was talk about not fishing for bass because it would stress them out too much in the heat and low oxygen?

It sure has come full circle! My lawn has never looked better in July! But the mosquitos are enough to keep you indoors.

I do remember. Some of my favorite creeks were dry as a bone. Some have never fully recovered. I imagine the extreme high waters can also be quite stressful. It does move the fish around though, and yes the lawns look great.

The Vermilion just jumped up 8 ft.and went from 300CFS to 6000CFS. It will be a while before I see a fishable bank in this stretch of river.

Hey, I've got an idea. Let's start an ISA lawn and garden forum. Instead of fretting about high river levels, we can discuss various flowers and plants. The bird feeding thread got us through the winter, and garden chat should be able to fill in for missing fishing reports until August when yards start to brown out in the heat. I'll start with some pictures of some of my plants that are just loving the recent 2 1/2 " rain we got this weekend.

attachicon.gifJuly garden 008.JPGattachicon.gifJuly garden 006.JPGattachicon.gifJuly garden 005.JPG

Nice garden Dick. My garden is doing well too. I haven't had to water it since the seeds sprouted.

A lawn and garden forum on a fishing site could work. Fish guts do make their way into my garden on occasion. The veggies seem to like them.

On another note: I have noticed that my smileys and whatnot are not showing up. How can I correct this problem? They are on the screen but appear dim and cannot be pulled up.