Thai & Tie event February 20

February 20 (Wednesday) at 7 PM.

“Tie & Thai” event. ISA fly fishing aficionado and restaurateur Tom Loo will host our February meeting at Thai Garden, 225 West Golf Road in Schaumburg. This will be a great opportunity to try some of Tom’s Thai cuisine and chat about fishing. A great opportunity for some of our north side members to attend!

Tom has agreed to donate some of his flies and Tim Urbanowicz has agreed to donate some of his "Eric Baits" as raffle prizes. So besides great Thai food, fantastic raffle prizes and just an enjoyable evening with fellow smallmouth fishermen, how can it get any better?

See you there. [view map]

Ed Buric

Thank you Ed.

Complimentary appertizers and soft drinks will be served at the meeting. I'll also donate:

Crytal Buggers, the fly that I caught my 20.75" smallie last year.

Foxy Crawdads, the fly that helped me won the River Bassin tournament.

Foxy Sculpins, the newly created fly.

This meeting is open to everybody. Both spin and fly fishermen are welcome. We just want to get together and talk smallie fishing.

Hope to see you on Wed. Feb. 20th. @ 7:00pm.

• 2 weeks later...

“Tie & Thai” event. ISA fly fishing aficionado and restaurateur Tom Loo will host our February meeting at Thai Garden, 225 West Golf Road in Schaumburg. This will be a great opportunity to try some of Tom’s Thai cuisine and chat about fishing. A great opportunity for some of our north side members to attend!

Tom has agreed to donate some of his flies and Tim Urbanowicz has agreed to donate some of his "Eric Baits" as raffle prizes. So besides great Thai food, fantastic raffle prizes and just an enjoyable evening with fellow smallmouth fishermen, how can it get any better?

Ed Buric

THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW!

Wait, it's called "Thai and Tie," but I haven't read anything that suggests there will be fly-tying. So is this a misnomer? Are we just talking about reinforcing our social ties to each other? :huh:

Ed Buric

Thank you Ed.

Complimentary appertizers and soft drinks will be served at the meeting. I'll also donate:

Crytal Buggers, the fly that I caught my 20.75" smallie last year.

Foxy Crawdads, the fly that helped me won the River Bassin tournament.

Foxy Sculpins, the newly created fly.

This meeting is open to everybody. Both spin and fly fishermen are welcome. We just want to get together and talk smallie fishing.

Hope to see you on Wed. Feb. 20th. @ 7:00pm.

tomorrow!!

Thai and Tie was only intended to be a play on words and yes this is all about the social ties of smallmouth fishermen and women.

Ties are not required

Ed Buric

Thanks, Ed. These are more important ties than the little feathered hooks we throw around.

Sorry . . . but turns out following my wife's shoulder surgery yesterday, she needs me to provide catering service. That said, I regret that I cannot attend this evening's event.

WOW! did we thai one on last night.Last night's meeting far surpassed my wildest expectations.22 members turned out on a week night in February for what turned out to be a very enjoyable evening.

Tom Loo was beyond gracious to us.Our tables were well stocked with delicious appetizers and soft drinks.Even my ever present coffee cup was kept full by his efficient waitstaff.I have not had Thai food before and I was very well pleased with everything that I had to eat.

The camaradie among everyone there was just great.There was a great deal of fishing talk going on with plans for fishing get togethers this year being made.We finished off the evening with a very successful raffle with some really nice prizes being won.At the end of the evening the consensus was that we have to do this again and we will.

My personal thanks to everyone that contributed to the success of last night's meeting in particular to Tom Loo.

Ed Buric