# 7. Damsel Nymphs

Tom L

I'd heard that some streams have big hatches of damselflies and the fish really gorge on them.

I took Mike G's suggestion about blending the craft furs in a coffee grinder, but since I needed only a small amount I chopped and blended by hands.

This one is very simple

tail = craft furs

body = dubbing of blended craft furs

rib = gold fine wire

eyes = plastic eyes

post-1339-0-43055200-1354993094_thumb.jpgpost-1339-0-35745800-1354993095_thumb.jpgpost-1339-0-11042200-1354993096_thumb.jpgpost-1339-0-84129100-1354993096_thumb.jpg

This is #7 and 5 more to go......

Nice work Tom.

Your next challenge if you accept it is blending this Chenille. Shown below side by side are six strands of chenille. How long would it take to dub 62 yards? Note:it does not have to be one continuous strand. This message will not self distruct in 60 seconds.

31F%2BwIcjX3L._SL500_SS100_.jpg

Left Bank

Nice bugs. What size & model of hook?

Tim, it was tyed on a Mustad C67S Size 8 Egg, Caddis hook. It is the same hook I usde for my steelhead egg flies.

Nice work Tom.

Your next challenge if you accept it is blending this Chenille. Shown below side by side are six strands of chenille. How long would it take to dub 62 yards? Note:it does not have to be one continuous strand. This message will not self distruct in 60 seconds.

31F%2BwIcjX3L._SL500_SS100_.jpg

Left Bank

Mike, I'd like to accept your challege, but I'll have to get a new and bigger coffee grinder first; plus my wife wouldn't be happied if she find out that I've been using her grinder to blend furs and chenille. :)

Tim, it was tyed on a Mustad C67S Size 8 Egg, Caddis hook. It is the same hook I usde for my steelhead egg flies.

Mike, I'd like to accept your challege, but I'll have to get a new and bigger coffee grinder first; plus my wife wouldn't be happied if she find out that I've been using her grinder to blend furs and chenille. :)

OK Tom,

Maybe I will just buy a skein. I will send you some if you do.