Dec. 1 NW Region

Good meeting with a great turnout. Thanks Terry for organizing this. And a special thanks to our guest fly tyers Jude, Rich, and Mike. Thanks for sharing some of your wisdom and experience. I'll be practicing those five flies over the winter.

Good meeting with a great turnout. Thanks Terry for organizing this. And a special thanks to our guest fly tyers Jude, Rich, and Mike. Thanks for sharing some of your wisdom and experience. I'll be practicing those five flies over the winter.

I'll second that, thanks for the lesson. Some really neat flies and opinions behind them, good stuff today.

It was a great meeting. Thanks to Terry for putting it together and inviting me to tie. I am sure that Rich and Jude agreed that we had a great audience.

Like everyone I learned a lot. Rich pushed the envelope with the Goldie made from Xmas tinsel. I plan to push that design further by adding a propellor in front of the bead head. Jude, the Foam Master, showed me a way to make an unsinkable Caddis by using EVA foam for the body. I will make some larger ones for Bass when they get hungry for hoppers or Mayflies.

I also learned that Marabou comes from turkeys. I Thought it came from Barlow's like the ones I was using. BTW they have a great selection. http://www.barlowstackle.com/Turkey-Marabou-Guinea-and-Other-Feathers-C154.aspx

I learned that some have not yet got their free Troll Fur from Distinctive Fabrics. Get to it! http://www.distinctivefabric.com/category.php?cat=LONGFUR

Since the meeting I learned that Hobby Lobby does not have Bohemian Chenille. These guys do. http://store.knitting-warehouse.com/yarn-patons-bohemian-yarn.html

Tip: You get a 62 yard skein of one color for less than $6. If you won't need that much, try going in with someone else or getting into a swap. Also the Black color was discontinues some time ago. We now refer to it as black Gold. Rich would give...(Well. let's not say what Rich would give for a skein of Black.) Grey, red, and orange shades have also gone away while new ones were added. That says. if you see a color you really like, stock up.

Looks at the seriousness of everyone in those pics! The tension looks like you could cut it with a knife. You guys sure take your fuzzy little creations seriously! ;)

Terry, with your mad graphic design skills, you're going to be working on the Bronzeback Bulletin in no time. Look out!

• 2 weeks later...