Danvise On Sale

Mike G

For the month of June J Stockard has a good deal on the Danvise with extension arm for $89.95. The MSRPs are vise $85 and arm $20. I have been using one for a few years now. I can make two comments. The steel jaws give a solid grip on the hook. Some guys get wrapped around the axel about the plastic parts. The materials used for some parts are Derlin a far cry from plastic. The Peak Rotary vise, for instance, used a Derlin screw to set the tension for the jaw rotation. Other features are better covered in the review by Ohio Fly Fishing. Review

I like the way what you get in the box can be reconfigured for special applications. First, here's the standard configuration holding a 5/0 Siwash hook.

StdSiwash-1.jpg

The opposite is the Midge configuration holding a #16 hook.

Midge.jpg

The Clouser configuration gives you this popular new look.

Clouser.jpg

Renzetti sells adapters to switch their standard vises to Clousers for about $50. To convert a Danvise you have to drill one small hole.

ClouserInsert.jpg

Finally the extension arm gives more clearance for longer wings.

ExtensionArm.jpg

Al and Gretchen Beatty are the North American distributors for the Danvise. I have gotten good answers when I contact them directly with questions.