ISA Catch & Release sign posting- Fox River

Guest Don R

Guest Don R

On Saturday May 10, the ISA will be posting our new yellow catch and release signs along the Fox River. We were able to post signs from Oswego to lower Batavia on April 26. To finish this project we need 4 teams of 2 people. Two teams will head south of Oswego (now done or accounted for) and the other two will head north of Batavia. We will meet at McDonalds on the north side of Wilson St. west of the Fox River in Batavia @ 8 AM.

Signs, posts, post pounders and hardware will be provided by the ISA. We will also have trash bags to make it a double whammy. Please bring a power screwdriver (if you have one), pliers, work gloves, a camera and boots or waders to work in.

This is a really great way to learn access spots, earn your ISA conservation pin and do some great conservation work.

Please respond to this thread or send me a private message if you can make this event.

Thanks in advance!

Don R

Guest Don R
I'll help olut if I can be teamed up with someone who has a vehicle large enuf to hold the posts etc.Let me know.

I've got posts, signs and two pounders in my car. I will pick up hardware before Saturday.

We'll use Jim Kast's vehicle if we end up with just one crew of three members...

Guest Don R

A 4th volunteer would make short work of this. One crew on the east side of the river and the other on the west...

I'm buying breakfast.

Since the south end is done or accounted for it would be better to meet closer to where we left off up north.

Please meet at the McDonalds on north side of Wilson St. just west of the Fox River in Batavia @ 8 AM

Guest Don R

Dick G and I put up four more signs today along the Fox River from Oswego to Yorkville. John L will handle Silver Springs down to Dayton dam at a later date. (thanks John!)

This leaves upper Batavia to Algonquin for Saturday morning. If you plan on helping out please respond to this post.

Please meet at the McDonalds on north side of Wilson St. just west of the Fox River in Batavia @ 8 AM

Don,

Re your last post I don't want to drive all the way to Algonqin from Plainfield at $4 a gal.I'd rather help John when he does the south end of the river.I'll email him.Hopefully a few of the far west or north guys will show up to give you a hand.

Guest Don R

Makes sense to me Ron. Thanks for helping out any way you can.

Looks like we'll have two crews afterall.

Scott F

Jim Kast

Pat H

me

Guest Don R

Thanks to the 4 volunteers mentioned above we were able to install another 20+ signs along the Fox River from Batavia to Carpentersville.

I think all four of us learned new access areas today. We all went fishing afterwards. Pat H and I put up 12 signs and then caught 13 smallies. Weird thing is we had one extra sign left over in my trunk.....

To date the ISA has installed approx. 110 Catch & Release signs on the Kankakee, Fox, DuPage and Kishwaukee (south branch) rivers. The northwest guys will soon put up another 12 on the Rock, Apple and the north branch of the Kishwaukee river. John L will install 5 on the east branch of the Dupage and John and Ron K will put up 3 more on the lower Fox river.

WOW! 130 signs in a month! Great going everyone.

The pic on the statue is really great!

Nice colors on the smallie and it looks like it has red eyes.

Almost every smallie we caught on the Vermillion had bright red eyes and some that were orange.

The smallie I caught the other day also had red eyes.

I don't seem to recall ever getting that many with red eyes. They sort of come and go as I remember and it also seems like smaller ones have more red eyes than bigger ones. (Maybe that's why I don't see that many) HA

Wonder why some do and some don't.

WOW! 130 signs in a month! Great going everyone.

The pic on the statue is really great!

Nice colors on the smallie and it looks like it has red eyes.

Almost every smallie we caught on the Vermillion had bright red eyes and some that were orange.

The smallie I caught the other day also had red eyes.

I don't seem to recall ever getting that many with red eyes. They sort of come and go as I remember and it also seems like smaller ones have more red eyes than bigger ones. (Maybe that's why I don't see that many) HA

Wonder why some do and some don't.

The ones with red eyes are those that have previously been caught and phot'd before release. You know.... the redeye thing.

Guest Don R
The ones with red eyes are those that have previously been caught and phot'd before release. You know.... the redeye thing.

Well done! :lol: