"About Me"

Terry Dodge

I echo your sentiments, Terry. Even some of our officers give us little or no information about themselves. I do not claim to be a hero there myself, but I do give some basics like location, interests, occupation, and Birthday. It is a mystery to me why others do not spend some time filling out the forms on that page. Your page is great by the way.

I've 'thought' about it..just never followed through! Nice job. What is the Live Chat portion? I opened, it...it tried to load..password protected however....

I would just like to see others play around with it a little bit. See what kind of stuff other people come up with. Make it your own.

The "Live Chat" is something I have yet to test out. It's a chat room that holds up to 12 people on video chat. It may hold more than 12 if no video is used. I just not sure until it's tested. I was thinking it might be cool to have a coffee chat session some morning this winter. Just a few of us shooting the crap about smallmouth over some coffee. Bring your own of course.

• 4 weeks later...

Our pleas seem to be going unheeded. Maybe we can make it simpler so folks don't feel too burdened. The one thing I would like to see on each profile is the person's location. I do not care a lot about age, profession, etc. But location would really help in interpreting the information. Say a member reports warm water and hot surface action. Without a location I can't tell if those conditions are current in Rockford or Carbondale or somewhere in between.

All I ask for is a general location.

I think it would be great if the site could some how list within the information, of the person posting, the region

the member is in. I think this would help with members getting to know each other better and maybe snowball into bigger turn-outs in our outings.

Mike G user_popup.png

• ISA member

• user_delete.png
  • email_open.png

• Group: Registrants
  • Region: Northwest

Only about 1 out of 3 of those registered on the site are paid ISA members. Because of the terminology used by the forums that call anyone who registers a "member" it gets confusing especially for those who are not paid members. We (meaning me) have to go in by hand to try to identify which of the registrants are paid members. I then go in and change their title from registrant to ISA member. I don't get to everybody but if I see a forum regular I look them up and change the title if they have paid.

Adding a region to every registrant would add to the confusion because there is no exact border between regions and non-members would have no idea what region they may be in or what that even means.

Only about 1 out of 3 of those registered on the site are paid ISA members. Because of the terminology used by the forums that call anyone who registers a "member" it gets confusing especially for those who are not paid members. We (meaning me) have to go in by hand to try to identify which of the registrants are paid members. I then go in and change their title from registrant to ISA member. I don't get to everybody but if I see a forum regular I look them up and change the title if they have paid.

Adding a region to every registrant would add to the confusion because there is no exact border between regions and non-members would have no idea what region they may be in or what that even means.

Scott,

I've been a paid ISA member since I joined the forum and my title has not changed. Could you please update it when you get time? Thanks

Tim Goodman

This is what I mean. We have 4 regions. Chicago, Rockford, Western (Quad Cities), and Central. It really doesn't matter what region you are in. Anyone can attend any meeting or event anywhere in the state.

We understand that but what about outside of the state, like Wisconsin?

Can Northwest and Chicago region members hold a meeting in Wisconsin, bad mouth cheese and the

Green Bay Packers and still return to Illinois and the ISA's open arms?

Since we seem to be building a mountain out of a mole hill here, I will repeat my original request with emphasis added:

“All I ask for is a general location.”

Location is one of the entries made on the profile page. Of course the burden is on the user to type in the information. A simple entry here should take care of in state, out of state, and out of country.

Examples:

Rockford, IL

Nome AK

Berlin, DE

Of course the burden is on the user to make the entry. I don’t want to add another job for our officers and moderators.

Adding a region to the profile is too big of an undertaking to consider now. Though when it comes to regions, “Northwest is best!”