Illinois Macroinvertebrate Guide Now Available!

The ISA is very proud to be a sponsor of this ambitious project.

Please consider supporting this effort wth a beautiful and extremely informative copy of this guide for yourself.

In 2009, RiverWatch undertook a project to create a Macroinvertebrate Guide in order to put high quality photographic documentation of Illinois aquatic macroinvertebrates into the hands of volunteers, scientists, educators and their students, stream stewards, and many others. The goal was to create a reader-friendly resource that could serve as a supplement to the training offered by RiverWatch.

It is with great pride that we announce the guidebook has been completed and is now available. At just over 90 pages, the 'Macro Guide' is jam-packed with vibrant color photographs of benthic critters, generalized taxa descriptions, and detailed information on stream fauna. The guide is color coded to help with expeditious identification of like organisms, and this reader-friendly aspect makes it perfect for all interested stream stewards, be they novice or expert.

Aquatic Macroinvertebrates of Illinois: A Supplement for the Illinois RiverWatch Program can now be shipped to you for a minimum donation of just $35. To receive your copy today, contact me (Nate Keener) with your name and mailing address. Specify how many copies you would like, and I will send you an invoice. Once I receive your donation, I will ship your copy immediately. Please make checks payable to Lewis and Clark Community College for $35 and send to Nate Keener, 5800 Godfrey Road, HK-128, Godfrey, IL 62035. Please contact me with any questions at 618-468-2782 or nkeener@lc.edu.

The Macro Guide would not have been possible without the generous support of donors and partners, including those who spent countless hours building the project from scratch. We would like to extend a very special heartfelt thank you to Jim Bland, who authored the publication, and Vera Bojic, former RiverWatch Coordinator, who oversaw the project's completion. In addition, we would like to thank all of the generous donors who contributed to the successful completion of the guide. For a list of our sponsors, click here .

Request your copy today!

Nate Keener

Lewis and Clark Community College

5800 Godfrey Road * Godfrey, IL 62035

Ph: (618) 468-2782 Fax: (618) 468-7221

nkeener@lc.edu http://ngrrec.org

uvw8w.jpg