MC2

Ed O

Hi,

Does anybody have a pattern for a fly called a MC2? There is a picture of the fly in the book "Grand River" by John Bedford and Tony Pagliei. The book is one in the series of River Journals put out by Amato Publications. The fly is on page 23 & 24.

Thanks.

Guest One More Cast
Hi,

Does anybody have a pattern for a fly called a MC2? There is a picture of the fly in the book "Grand River" by John Bedford and Tony Pagliei. The book is one in the series of River Journals put out by Amato Publications. The fly is on page 23 & 24.

Thanks.

Here ya go:

http://www.mchanceflyfishing.com/flypats/mc2.htm

Joseph

Hi,

Thanks.

I see that Joseph beat me to this one. ( Thanks Joseph. )

I found the same link he has already posted. All I did was put "MC2 fly pattern" into a google search box. The link has the list of materials, but it does not have step by step instructions. Maybe someone else knows where you can find those. Maybe all you were looking for is the list of materials.

I'm surprised that the fly is not described well in the book. I have always been pleased with the Amato books I have looked at.

The picture on the web page looks interesting. I guess this fly has potential, but I am trying to imagine what sort of action it will have in the water.

Let us know how you make out tying this Ed. Perhaps you can add some hint or tip after you attempt typing this fly. Or if you run into trouble putting it together, let us know how far you get. Maybe someone can offer a tip to get you over the speedbump.

Ken S