Kishwaukee Float Trip

Hey floaters..

Just a reminder that this coming Sunday is our Kish Float trip. We'll be meeting for breakfast at the Cherry Valley Cafe at 7:00, then heading to Belvidere to put in. We'll take out at Bauman Park in Cherry Valley. It's pretty much an all-day affair, so pack a lunch. Please post here if you're going to make it so I know what to expect.

Let's hope Mother Nature doesn't get too out of hand with rain the rest of the week. The river's already a little high, so as usual, there's a possibility of a postponement. Keep an eye on this thread for updates.

Who's in?

I'll do my best to make it, were having a garage sale this weekend. The fishing on the Kish has really been picking up lately though.

Fox jumped up pretty good today. Hoping the Kish is still in good shape.

Wishing you guys luck. wont be able to attend this time, my son is home from college, and is willing to spend some

time with me on Sunday. Keep me in mind for the next float. I hope a couple of you will bring your toys to Shabbona

3rd saturday in june. B)

Good luck!

Keep your fingers crossed. Terry: do you have a "no rain" dance in your repertoire?

No reason to do any kind of a dance for this weather report:

It's going to be a pretty crappy day. (sorry)

Everyday they (weather folks) drop the high for the day, which I think the last I saw was 56 (today it's 54). Now they say it's going to

be windier than all gietout. There will be no rain for Sunday but all the other bad elements are going to be thrown at us.

5/13/11

Kishwaukee River Up Date:

(must have rained over night)

Normal Stage: 6.72 ft (and rising)

Flow: 0.925 kcfs*

No reason to do any kind of a dance for this weather report:

It's going to be a pretty crappy day. (sorry)

Everyday they (weather folks) drop the high for the day, which I think the last I saw was 56 (today it's 54). Now they say it's going to

be windier than all gietout. There will be no rain for Sunday but all the other bad elements are going to be thrown at us.

5/13/11

Kishwaukee River Up Date:

(must have rained over night)

Normal Stage: 6.72 ft (and rising)

Flow: 0.925 kcfs*

But isn't a crappy day fishing better than a good day working?

Jude, should we be calling you Sunday AM to see if it's a go or no go? I can't always get Internet access at the campground, and it's a cell phone dead zone, so I might not see a notice on the forum.

I'll make the call Saturday afternoon based on the forecast and the river conditions. If the conditions were great and the weather sucked, I'd probably say go for it. If the conditions sucked, and the weather was great, I'd probably say go for it. If the conditions suck and the weather sucks, I'd probably pull the plug. As I sit here typing listening to the rain, I don't have a good feeling. My cell (815)871-8072.

If ever you need a guaranteed rain event, let me know. I'll schedule a Kish outing.

I'll be trying to make it as well. I'll be brining my yak, and I have an extra kayak for someone that isn't too tall (9.5ft yak). Let me know if anyone wants to me to bring it (email is best form of communication for me).

I can fit 4 kayaks on the top of my roof if we need to shuttle cars around with my Yakima rack, if needed.

Chris Serafin

chrisserafin@gmail.com

708-288-7995

My bad.......

This is the river gauge of the north branch (the float branch) that I should have been posting,

Normal Stage: 2.59 ft

Flow: 0.527 kcfs*

That sounds idyllic!

To mis-quote Ray Davies, 'floating on a Sunday afternoon'

Well gentlemen, I'm going to move this event to next week. Sunday the 22nd, same plan. For tomorrow they're calling for a 70% chance of rain, a high of 51, and 20-30 MPH winds. I'm sure it would be fun to watch Terry get spun around and battered on his pontoon, but other than that, it would be pretty miserable. I'll still go to breakfast at 7:00 in case someone that didn't get the message shows up. Feel free join me if you'd like.

Please let me know if you're in for next week.

Next week works for me. I can finish working on my yak and do some repairs on my wife's Poke Boat.

Jude - Once I saw winds of 25 to 30 mph., I was out.

I posted it last night but then deleted the post because I didn't want my negative,crappy attitude towards the weather for this outing to catch on to anyone else that might have wanted to go on this float. I was just thinking of you and your feelings.

I too am in for next week.

That's too bad, Joe. It looks like the river should be in great shape for Sunday. Chris and Jim: are you guys joining us?

Does someone have an extra spot for me? I would love to come out, but don't have a canoe or yak?

FYI...I have never been in a canoe or yak on a river.

Please let me know

Thanks,

Tim

Tim - If there's no room bring a friend. I got a canoe you can use. I guess if need be I can just bring the canoe for you and me but I'd kinda like to put my pontoon in, so if you can find someone to come along that would be great.