tying thread

Guest rich mc

Guest rich mc

i stopped at goose mtn to get some yellow thread . they had gudebrod brand . glad i one purchased one spool as the stuff is junk. uni thread has always been good to me. anyone tying somthing new ?

Guest One More Cast

First of all, shame on you, you know better thant to go in there to look for fly tying stuff. ;)

Which Gudebrod thread did you buy? I like the 10/0 but that's a little light for your tying needs.

Joseph

Guest One More Cast
heck, i was working one block from the store and needed it. it was 6/0 for tying on size 10 hook .

1-800.588-2300

They're cleaning my carpets. B)

Joseph

heck, i was working one block from the store and needed it. it was 6/0 for tying on size 10 hook .

Rich,

I have three spools of the 6/0. I have not really had any problems with the stuff.

You said you are tying on a size 10 hook. What are you tying? Some large nymph? A crayfish pattern? A smallmouth "secret weapon"? Deer hair?

What was the problem you were having with the thread? Was it breaking? untwisting in some odd way? Could not get it to hold dubbing?

More later,

Ken

Guest rich mc

it was breaking as i was puttng it on the bobbin. has the strength of wet toilet paper.i even tried tying my m and m with no bobbin and could not put any pressure on the thread .

Guest One More Cast
it was breaking as i was puttng it on the bobbin. has the strength of wet toilet paper.i even tried tying my m and m with no bobbin and could not put any pressure on the thread .

Bring it in, I'ld like to see it.

Joseph

Rich, I was having a similar problem with one particular spool of 3/0 Danville. I couldn't put any tension on the thread while laying a thread base. I stripped off about 10 to 12 feet of thread and it was better, but still not right. Another 10 feet was removed and it's been fine ever since. Makes you wonder why? Dry rot from shelf-life, manufacturing defect,......what?