February Fly Tier's night out

bjensen

Well, Lets make this official. February 28th meeting will be at the Bloomington Firestation #2 on Hamilton Rd. just east of Rt. 150. Official meeting time of 1pm-5pm, but I plan on being there around noon to get going. Tim, this all ok with you and can you meet me there at noon?

There are a couple eatting/drinking establishments nearby: Tree House Lounge, Famous Daves, TGI Fridays. Those are the ones that immediately come to mind, if anyone else knows of some please post them.

Driving directions are as follows:

Coming from the east (Danville, Champaign), west on I-74 to Rt. 51/Main St. exit, go north (turn rt.) on Main, go to Veterans Pkwy. (Verterans will be the overpass you see after the second stop light). Turn east (rt.) onto Veterans, go to second stoplight (Morissey /Rt. 150), turn right onto Rt. 150. Go to first stop light (Hamilton Rd.) & turn left. Firestation will be on right.

Coming from the west (Peoria): I-74 east to Chicago/St. Louis split (I think thats how its marked), bear right (St. Louis direction) to head south around west side of Bloomington. Exit onto Veterans Pkwy. east. 3rd stop light should be Morissey/Rt. 150. Turn right on Rt. 150 (south). Turn left at first stop light (Hamilton Rd.). Firestation is on right.

Any questions, post them here, or send me a pm & I can give you my cell #.

Tim, can you post the actual address of the station for those with GPS? I tried looking it up but couldn't find individual stations listed in the phone book. ....thanks!

Look forward to seeing everyone, and lets keep discussing patterns we'd like to see demonstrated!

Brian

• 3 weeks later...

I'll try to make it, but very late, and I have to leave before 5. My look and not tie. Do you think the Chicago-area contingent need any directions, since they aren't coming from the East or West? I see we are getting messages on this event posted here and elsewhere.

I plan on being there. I am going to put the recipe for the Cassius Cray in the bass buggers submissions forum. Bring materials to tie them and I'll be happy to show you how. The one odd material is heavy mono, which I will supply. I also have extra squirrel tails, so don't let that stop you from bringing anything else.

Also, I bought an STP foam frog cutter, so bring some 2mm foam sheets if you want to make a supply of them.