Poster Child

Mike G

2009 Bass Bugger's Poster Child  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which one should be the Poster Child?

• Pike Guy
    • Cobia Guy
    • Brookie Guy
    • Brownie Gal
    • Skoal Gal
    • Jonn
    • Storm Guy
    • Tooter
    • Mike G's votes go to Jonn.

Time to pick the 2009 ISA Bass Bugger’s Poster Child

The last picture on the fly photo thread says pictures won’t get better though they might get dirtier. So I say it is time to pick the ISA Bass Bugger’s poster child for 2009. Indicate your selection in the poll. Though I don’t want to sway the results, I am hoping ISA members have the sense to choose inner beauty over the fleeting beauty of the obviously professional models. Though Eric’s peaceful Mona Lisa smile is intriguing, Jonn’s wisdom outshines it in that he seems to have had the sense to remove his plates before biting the rod. But, you pick.`

1 Pike Guy

100_3933.JPG

2 Cobia Guy

wp25f57dd9.png

3 Brookie Guy

teeth-w-b.jpg

4 Brownie Gal

sexy_fly_fishing_2.jpg

6 Skoal Gal

63966-Skoal-Playboy.jpg

7 Jonn

2wp057t.jpg

8 Storm Guy

Postcard-9.jpg

9 Tooter

2jg6k1y.jpg

10 Mike G

mike_g.jpg

I agree with Fkyrod Miller & of the 3 that qualify one is too contrived & another too mucho macho& more appropos for the bass tourney crowd.That leaves Jonn.By the way whoever titled that one Brownie Girl doesn't know a brown trout from a rainbow/cuttbow.I've alwaya said that if beautiful girls were fish they'd all be rainbow trout.I defy anyone looking at that pic to say otherwise.

By the way whoever titled that one Brownie Girl doesn't know a brown trout from a rainbow/cuttbow.I've alwaya said that if beautiful girls were fish they'd all be rainbow trout.I defy anyone looking at that pic to say otherwise.

She's got a nice tan and her clothes are brown. That's all.

BTW I agree on Jonn for reasons already stated.

• 4 weeks later...

There's a fish in photo # 4 ????

I'd get back into guiding if all my clients looked like that. Unfortunately most of them looked like Joz.

Looks like another pic has been added and the votes are flying toward it!

I am honored by the nomination and support I have received. I thank all my supporters. But, before anyone else wastes their vote, I have to say that I will not accept the title if I win. I admit that I take the inner beauty category hands down. Inner beauty is greatest where outer beauty is least. I also think I match up well in the wisdom category though proving that would require a standardized test. I fail in all the other categories. That is not a Smallmouth Bass. That is not a fly rod. I am not holding it in my mouth. There are others way more qualified than I to serve as poster child.

This being said, I resign from the race and instruct my supporters to switch their votes to Jonn.

• 5 months later...

I'd say Brownie Gal but she isn't holding a Brown, it's a Bow.

Mark.

I think we closed this out with the prize going to Jonn a while ago, but you opinion is appreciated. Many of us did not notice that B. Gal was holding a fish.

Can we have more than one poster child?

post-925-127052573431_thumb.jpg

Technically Jonn was the 2009 poster child. So if you want to start the 2010 selection process, go for it.