DuPage Cleanup Proposition

gordon p

For those of you who are retired, unemployed, or who don't work a 9-5 schedule, I would be willing to try to organize a weekday cleanup ( ala Don R. ) on the West Branch of the Dupe. Best days for me are Mon.-Wed. Weeks of April 27 or May 4 look good right now. Any suggestions on areas in dire need would be appreciated. Gordon

Tuesdays would be best for me. Work Monday, class Wednesday.

By the time I get things squared away and get up there I could prolly do about 3 hours from 10 until 1.

Thanks Norm ---2 people can do a lot-----------a few more bodies would be nice................ ;)

For those of you who are retired, unemployed, or who don't work a 9-5 schedule, I would be willing to try to organize a weekday cleanup ( ala Don R. ) on the West Branch of the Dupe. Best days for me are Mon.-Wed. Weeks of April 27 or May 4 look good right now. Any suggestions on areas in dire need would be appreciated. Gordon

i have free time between 10:30am to about 11:30am Tues-sat. Maybe 12pm in the Naperville area or plainfield area. I have to make sure i can open my studio at 12:30pm since the young kids and parents always get there early to see me. I also have waders to help on the shore line if need be. David

" While your walking and picking you can be pounding."

Why do I find this statement amusing ? :D

I am neither retired or unemployed, and have a 9-5 schedule (in the city, so technically that should excuse me....) but depending on the date I am always willing to play a little hooky to help my fellow fishermen out. Once you get the date nailed down I'll see what I have on the calendar and try to make it.

Tuesday April 28 is good, I just would have to split about 1 to get back for the dentist. The kids that is not me, I just have to bring my wallet.

Walking , picking and pounding , there's a country and western song in there somewhere.

Maybe another verse for this one

" I was drunk the day my Ma got out of prison

And I went to pick her up in the rain

but before I could get to the station in my pickup truck

She got runned over by a damned old train"

• 2 weeks later...
I spoke with DuPage County's Fisheries Biologist Don LaBrose today. Don will be looking into areas along the west branch that need the most work. He should get back to me early next week with the information.

Hey Don, Have you heard back from Mr. Labrose ?

For those of you involved in this (next Tue. the 28th ) Tell me if you think this is a starting point:

We could try to start the cleanup around 9:00 AM to accommodate everyone's drive time --Norm M has a fairly long drive I think. If anyone is up for breakfast, we could meet at 8:00---I need a suggestion for a good restaurant around Rt 38 and Rt 59, not to be a food snob but not a "fast-food chain" joint. Let me know what ya'll think. Gordon

I haven't heard from him. I have a follow up voice mail in to Don. I'll email him this evening. I suggest the Sand Piper on the west side of Rte. 59 approx. 3 miles north of Rte. 38.

Great,thanks !!!