Thinking about taking the river to work.

davidpavinjr

I was thinking about taking the dupage river to work one day. If my 64 chevelle sells on ebay i was thinking about getting one of these Colorado pontoon boats. what i wanted to know is anyone have this style and have how does it handle going down the dupage or up the river?

Guest airbornemike

Buy a yak or canoe, toons are way slow on the rivers we ISA'rs float.

I was thinking about taking the dupage river to work one day. If my 64 chevelle sells on ebay i was thinking about getting one of these Colorado pontoon boats. what i wanted to know is anyone have this style and have how does it handle going down the dupage or up the river?

If a "Colorado" pontoon is a one man, personal pontoon, I have a one of those which is a great fishing platform but you can't row it upstream. You could use a trolling motor but the DuPage is too shallow and weedy for that to operate well.

i was thinking that about the trolling motor and when i walked down the river it was only 2 to 4 inches in some spots near me and up near Washington rd and webber its super shallow aswell. thanks for your impute Scott.

Buy a yak or canoe, toons are way slow on the rivers we ISA'rs float.

I just bought the one canoe but its just to big so im going to sell it or maybe just donate it to the ISA but i have no idea who i should talk to about it since there is no title for the canoe. plus my wife said i cant have a canoe or boat unless i sell the chevelle so im kinda stuck waiting on the last 5 hours on my ebay listing hahaha

If you donate it to the ISA it's possible we could auction it at the Blowout.

Thats a great idea, where would i take the canoe too. Because in 3h 48m my 64 chevelle listing will end and if it does not get a bid im towing it up north and i dont want to tow the chevelle and a canoe 8 hours away. Who would i have to talk to about setting up a place to drop the canoe off since i cant really store it for to long down here.

I can store it at my place in Naperville. How soon do you need to get rid of it?

well it looks like the chevelle really might not get sold WOW. I know im leaving up to the north woods on the 24th of this month. so i can bring it over anytime before then. plus i own a studio in Aurora so i can always stop over before or after work.