Inflatable pontoon air-pressure?

Guest wade-n-eeee

Here is a Web Site and dealer that may be able to help you out with this unit. It appears it has a push in system for airing the bladders so it may be similar to a basketball or football. If that is the case you could use one of those needles and attach a gauge to it and get the pressure that way. I would ask also on this sites forum.

http://www.fishusa.com/tackleshop/catalog_...F1B48F&fx=1

I judge by feel when I think my pontoons are full enough. I'm not familiar with Madison pontoons, I've got Water Skeeter pontoons and there is no easy way for me to check them. Even if I could, I don't know what the recommended pressure is.

I use an electric pump that will not get them all the way full and have to finish the job with a 2-stage hand pump. I suppose you could mount a pressure gauge to a "T" fitting in the hose you use to fill the bladders.

Guest TerryD
I judge by feel when I think my pontoons are full enough. I'm not familiar with Madison pontoons, I've got Water Skeeter pontoons and there is no easy way for me to check them. Even if I could, I don't know what the recommended pressure is.

I use an electric pump that will not get them all the way full and have to finish the job with a 2-stage hand pump. I suppose you could mount a pressure gauge to a "T" fitting in the hose you use to fill the bladders.

Hey thanks! Sounds good with the "T" fitting in the hose. That should work out fine.

What about registering an inflatable pontoon? Does that register the same as a canoe?

Like Terry I just check my floatube's pressure by feel. Firm but not too firm.Remember that in sunless conditions especially if the water's cold there'll be some loss of air pressure whereas on warm sunny days the pressure will increase.So adjust the pressure accordingly.With my floatube it's ez to release a little if necessary while on the water.