The Bane of My Existence

gordon p

Most of today's rods have good enough guides that will not groove with superlines. Many of the guides that grooved were early on in the superline era.

It took a few years but I wore some grooves into my Berkley Lightning rod with the metal guides using Bekley Fireline. Did I mention I fish alot?

Like I said...It's just wrong, especially in Chicago.

HA! I love these silly statements.

I was born and raised in Chicago, and ketchup on hot dogs is just fine in my book. I guess nobody ever explained the rules to me.

HA! I love these silly statements.

I was born and raised in Chicago, and ketchup on hot dogs is just fine in my book. I guess nobody ever explained the rules to me.

They are unspoken rules.

You wouldn't go to Lou Malnati's and ask for goat cheese and pinapple on your pie.

Actually I didn't make that up (for once). The Food Network had a documentary on Hot Dogs. Of the many joints they showcased it was mentioned "just don't ask for ketchup".

You guys are making me hungry and i just ate.

They are unspoken rules.

You wouldn't go to Lou Malnati's and ask for goat cheese and pinapple on your pie.

Actually I didn't make that up (for once). The Food Network had a documentary on Hot Dogs. Of the many joints they showcased it was mentioned "just don't ask for ketchup".

You guys are making me hungry and i just ate.

I saw one on hamburgers too. There was one place that wouldn't put ketchup on their burgers. Man, was I hungry after that show!

You must have been raised on the outskirts.

Started out in the back of the yards, then moved a little west from there. Is that Chicago enough for you? :P

I saw one on hamburgers too. There was one place that wouldn't put ketchup on their burgers. Man, was I hungry after that show!

Started out in the back of the yards, then moved a little west from there. Is that Chicago enough for you? :P

That was louis' lunch box, the originator of the hamburger.

Small world. Yeah thats pretty south side.

My folks were from back of the yards. I grew up in Gage Park.

51st Rockwell Casmir's Custard Stand. Hot Dogs, Burgers, Tom Tom Tamales. Chili on everything unless you ask not to. Curly Cue fries, frozen lemonade. Custard.

The ultimate post Sox Game feast.

I'm getting weepy. Talk amongst yourselves.

What unmittigated audacity!

Gordon you should pick up some deadly yellow snow and rub all into his beady little eyes with vigorous circular motion hither to unknown to the people on this board but destined to take the place of the mud shark in their mythology.

Zoot Allures !!!

Not to digress from the discussion of proper condiment selection when dining in Chicago...

But with regard to line. when winding onto a spinning reel, it's of the utmost importance to put the line on the reel the same direction it came off. It's easy to screw up and a 100% guarantee of line twist from hell if you do. I usually have another person hold the spool then trace the line comming off with my finger and make sure it's going in the direction of the bail. Do this BEFORE cranking. I put moderate tension on the line with a damp rag.

I (the originator of the "death before mono" phrase) have been dabbling on the dark side. 4lb test (BPS Excel) is exceptional for panfishing. If you put it on the spool correctly it fishes really nice. And it's filthy cheap so you can change it as much as you want.

I tried 12lb Mcoy on my casting reel but don't like it.

Like I said...It's just wrong, especially in Chicago.

I grew up on the southside within walking distance of Comiskey park...yet I was, and still am a Cub fan. I love a good Chicago hotdog...but will occasionally opt for the forbidden dog with just ketchup. Guess I was born screwed up...although if it's a REAL Chicago do it's made with Vienna beef dogs and ketchup never touches those. Then there's the Maxwell St. stuff and it's in a class of its own B)

Working on the southside of Chicago, I've had more than my fair share of the Maxwell polish (the hot dogs are plain nasty). To be honest, mustard and onions are NOT the only ingredients suited for a dog.

Chicago style is exactly what the name implies- a little bit of everything!

:D

Working on the southside of Chicago, I've had more than my fair share of the Maxwell polish (the hot dogs are plain nasty). To be honest, mustard and onions are NOT the only ingredients suited for a dog.

Chicago style is exactly what the name implies- a little bit of everything!

:D

...indeed...

Yeah can't say I'm a fan of the Maxwell St. hot dog....

Just for the record, I looked in the chicagoland rulebook and here's what I found...

Comiskey park is always comiskey park...(Cub fan or not)

Furniture from anywhere on your property is perfectly suitable for reserving your parking space in the winter.

Polish: Mustard and onions hot peppers, too!

Dogs: Vienna beef with a little bit of everything....NO KETCHUP!!

Pizza: Thin crust, square cut...deep dish is for the tourists.

Fishing line: Anything you want just as long as it's TIGHT! with a 4 pound BRONZEBACK doing an aerial dance at the other end....No twists and...NO GREEN FISH!!! :lol:

Best dogs in town?

I manage to find myself at Ferro's (31st/Dan Ryan) almost daily, and those are some mighty fine Chicago Style hot dogs......at a tasty price.

They now serve up a pretty good perch dinner platter as well!

Best dogs in town?

I manage to find myself at Ferro's (31st/Dan Ryan) almost daily, and those are some mighty fine Chicago Style hot dogs......at a tasty price.

They now serve up a pretty good perch dinner platter as well!

My vote, if it's still there...

The Weiner's Circle on Clark. Charbroiled. The service is totally rude. It's a trademark.

I make the best burger on my grill.

i used to go to Maxwell street all the time (drunk at 2 am). Handn't had a polie in years then they opened the imititations all over. I thought it was greasy and repulsive and the fries sucked. I love fries.

I eat pretty healthy. To be honest, I haven't had a fast food burger in years and eat very little red meat. My weakness...is pizza. first I have to disagree with previous poster, deep dish pizza is a Chicago trademark.

a toss up... It was invented here...

The best pizza...in the world, since pizza anywhere other than Chicagoland blows.....

Uno's down town or Lou Malnati's in Elk Grove.

Is it any wonder that Portillo's is as big as they are and can get you to drop 7 bucks on fast food. Man they are good.

New York has tasty dogs, with kraut on them. Very thin pizza an exception to the everywhere else rule.

Florida has great seafood. Texas for roadside BBQ and mexican food.

I'm hungry again.

Fishing line: Anything you want just as long as it's TIGHT! with a 4 pound BRONZEBACK doing an aerial dance at the other end....No twists and...NO GREEN FISH!!! :lol:

Hate to say it, but I think the perch is the official fish of Chicago.

Also good to eat. There I go again.