True Lure Innovation

kmckiou

Guest One More Cast

Peroxided, siliconed, bleached bobble-head.....everything fake.

Flyrodders are into natural.

This is Erica Heibaum one of my Argentine Guides:

Brown%20Troutresized.jpg

This is Glenda Powell, she guides in Ireland:

tuitio1.jpg

and this is Catherine Hooper, Bonefish Guide:

CatBonefish2_small.jpg

All of these women are real and real talented.

Joseph

Spincaster is Zebco 202 sinker/bobber and such. Spinning would be with a bail. But then, many Smallie Chasers prefer Baitcasters- you know, use the thumb.

Just because I don't want to spend hundreds of hours tying deer hair to a hook for some 10"ers....

We're all a fishing Brotherhood. It's all about seasonal movement and weather patterns. My new theory is smallies in the large will reveal themselves for a steak dinner. Laughing. Try it, at least once. On the end of your tippet.

Bronze for president in 2008!

Peroxided, siliconed, bleached bobble-head.....everything fake.

Flyrodders are into natural.

...pretty eye-candy omitted

All of these women are real and real talented.

Joseph

Joseph,

I think you miss my point. The spin-casters have managed to combine sex and lures. It is a crude combination akin to painting on velvet, but they did it. What do the fly tiers have to offer? Maybe it is innovation or just plain fun, but if you could catch fish with Pam A, it would make for some interesting discussion of lures. Heck, I might start fly tying just to get a chuckle about what the fish are biting on.

- Kevin

BTW, the "gauntlet" bit is all in fun...no disparaging intended on either side of the reel seat.

Oh! Maybe you could tie a "Pam A" for Mark K's 'Member's Patterns' thread. I'd love to see that!

Spincaster is Zebco 202 sinker/bobber and such. Spinning would be with a bail. But then, many Smallie Chasers prefer Baitcasters- you know, use the thumb.

Hmmm...I obviously need a lesson in casting terminology. Maybe another thread, though. I would really like to talk about sex and lures - perfect winter fare for fly fishing shut-ins. Goes pretty well with the scotch next to the keyboard. Ummm...I hope this subject is not too racy. I would rate it PG at this point.

- Kevin

Rich, sorry. Had some rum and cokes next to the keyboard. :unsure: Funnier than I thought I was. I thought I saw irony jabbing dumb spincasters when they're not even using spincasting.

Just ment you can't judge any book by its cover. It's fun sometime to tease each other's techniques. We're fishing for the same fish.

I've flyfished a bit. It's all good. :)

Pam- she's nasty. Well past her prime.

Indeed. I linked directly to their image but did not point out the source. I probably should have since it is an interesting blog. Here's another interesting lure:

clam01.jpg

It is brought to you by http://carponthefly.blogspot.com/

This has it's lurid aspects as has been pointed out by http://busterwantstofish.com/ - truly interesting blog.

But what I want to know is how can we mix sex and flies. Joseph, take note! It has to be a commercial winner since everyone knows that "sex sells".

- Kevin

Mike,

Yeah, it's a good one. I have a list of about a dozen that i follow every day. I lean way more that way than board sites lately, which probably explains why that smallie shot is (I think) the only one I have on the board this year in total. I guess I like my indie sites like I like my indie music. :)

Mike,

Yeah, it's a good one. I have a list of about a dozen that i follow every day. I lean way more that way than board sites lately, which probably explains why that smallie shot is (I think) the only one I have on the board this year in total. I guess I like my indie sites like I like my indie music. :)

Same here.

Actually, I was the first to create something called the Outdoor Bloggers Network, after reading about the glut of good outdoor related blogs. So I went out and found them and created that page.

It grew into the "Outdoor Blog of the Year" contest in 2005, whereby we had entire classrooms in the Yukon logging in every day to vote for their favorite.

The "Black Bear Blog" eventually earned the most votes.

Talk about viral marketing.....these people were rabid about getting the top spot.

:lol: