Military Kids Day-PLEASE READ IF YOU PLAN TO HELP!

Mike Clifford

Mike

I would like very much to be there sat. to help out in any way that I can.However in as much as I still am not able to drive I would need a ride to get there.I am located in Darien near 75th and cass.I can arrange a ride home if need be.

Ed B

See you at IHOP.

The wife and kids are driving up separately a little later.

I was thinking of name tags as well, Rich- great idea.

Whomever has 'em- bring 'em please.

Schedule:

Welcome to the First Annual

Operation Homefront Illinois

Sgt. Thomas Gilbert Memorial

Day of Fishing

Kids will be randomly split into three groups (Red, White and Blue). The color of the dog tag received at registration will determine which group they are in. When transitioning to the next activity, look for the balloons in your group's color to guide you. Parents should stay with their children at all times.

9:15 – 10:00 Registration

10:00 – 10:15 Kick Off

10:15 – 11:00 1st Activity: Blue – Fishing, Red – Casting, White – Crafts/Games

11:00 – 11:15 Transition

11:15 – 12:00 2nd Activity: Blue – Casting, Red – Crafts/Games, White – Fishing

12:00 – 12:15 Transition

12:15 – 1:00 3rd Activity: Blue – Crafts/Games, Red – Fishing, White – Casting

1:00 – 2:00 Lunch and Raffles (Must be present to win)

Activity Information:

Fishing: DuPage Forest Rangers will be on hand to explain the basics of fishing along with volunteers to help bait hooks and handle fish. All fish are catch and release, so be sure to have your camera ready!

Casting: The Illinois Smallmouth Alliance will be conducting a casting clinic to teach the tricks of casting and give kids more practice. Since your new poles are set to fish, you will be using different poles to practice with.

Crafts/Games: The Sgt. Thomas M Gilbert Memorial Foundation has a variety of crafts and games available. Here you can play games or make pinecone and popcorn bird feeders, design your own puzzle to take home, create a fun keepsake, or color pictures of fish while listening to music from 9 FM!

Lunch and Raffle: While you are enjoying lunch from The Dog Stop, fresh roasted corn form the DuPage Marines and beverages from Lee & Eddies, we will be raffling off a ton of great prizes for the kids and even some for the adults: Including Chicago Wolves tickets, Wolves shirts, Backpacks loaded with school supplies, Hats, Hollywood Blvd Movie Passes, Gift Certificate from Hair Expressions and many, many more. Remember, you must be present when we call your name to win.

Today’s event wouldn’t be possible without generous donations from:

Bass Pro Shops of Bolingbrook, Operation Homefront Illinois, the Sgt. Thomas M Gilbert Memorial Foundation, The Dog Stop, Lee & Eddie’s Catering, Illinois Smallmouth Alliance, Forest Preserve District of DuPage County, Dennis Mckinnon’s Let’s Talk Wireless, Chicago Wolves Hockey, 9 FM, DuPage County Marine Corps League and many others.

I will have volunteer pins, so if you don't have one and you're coming, make sure you ask me.

In order to get one, not only do you have to volunteer, but you must also give me one of your favorite spots.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.