Photobucket Fix

Rob G

For those that want to view the Photobucket photos that were no longer visible because the user wouldn't pony up the $400 per year to allow for 3rd party hosting, there is a fix that I was recently made aware of by one of the guys over at the Indiana Smallmouth Alliance.  Unfortunately I deleted my account at Photobucket so none of my photos can be made visible but for those that weren't that hasty, with this extension, you should now once again be able to view those photos.  Let me know if it works for you but it seems like I can see Mike G's photos again.

From Goosepond Monster over at INSA:

As with most things that get taken away on the internet, there now seems to be a fix for this...

Google Chrome:

Click on the three dots on the right side of the screen;
A drop down should appear;
Hover over "More Tools";
When the next drop down appears, click on "Extensions";
Go to the link towards the bottom that says "Get More Extensions";
In the search box, type "Photobucket Fix";
Click "Enter";
Click the "Photobucket Hotlink Fix"
Once the install is complete you should be able to see Photobucket linked photos again.

FireFox:

Click the three bars at the top right of your screen;
Click "Add Ons";
Click in the search box and search "photobucket hotlink" ... Photobucket Hotlink should be the first result in the list that's generated;
Click install;
Reload the forum.

It seems to work. I can see my photobucket photos in the Blockhead stream as well as some that I replaced with Flickr links. there is a step or two after where Rob's instructions leave off. I will try to add that. Also I had to do a restart to get it to work.