mannym

Any interest in an Ice outing

Is there any interest in having an ice outing this year? I would be willing to put something together that includes food and maybe prizes for big fish and such? 

Sounds like fun, I'd be willing. Eugene likes ice fishing too. Throw together details & see what you get in response. Lack of good ice might be a problem if it stays warm.

I was thinking the theme to be family friendly. Perhaps an emphasis on teaching kids about ice fishing, safety and such. 

With the cold snap, looks like there will be plenty of safe ice for a while! Hoping to get out on McGraw with some licensee friends and also to a few forest preserve lakes where ice fishing is allowed (hint, hint Eugene). I'll be at Blackwell FP on February 10 from 10 AM - 2 PM to help out nephew's Boy Scout troop ... more/less showing them the ropes for ice fishing. Probably just 'gills with waxworms. 

I grew up in the South. I have never been ice fishing, but I have always been curious. I would likely attend. 

-Forrest

On 1/15/2018 at 7:17 AM, Forrest Miller said:

I grew up in the South. I have never been ice fishing, but I have always been curious. I would likely attend. 

-Forrest

One of the 1st & most important things you'll have to learn is if thirsty to not eat the yellow snow.:wacko:

Ronk, I thought ice fishing was more about the drinking than the fishing.....

-Forrest