Central Illinois Fly Tying Event (Our 10th year)

Rob G

For the 10th year running, come January, we will be holding our award winning central Illinois fly tying events.  I know it's a little early but I wanted to get this out there so you can plan your "month of Sundays" with this in mind.

Central Illinois Fly Tying Gathering to be held:

January 28th Sunday 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM

Bloomington, IL at the firehouse  

1911 Hamilton Rd. 61704. 

There is no cost to attend this event.

The event runs from 1:30 PM to 4:30 PM but afterwards the group will likely adjourn to the nearby Famous Dave's for a little BBQ and beverage.  All are welcome, both ISA and Non ISA members alike, as well as beginning fly tiers.  More information will be forthcoming in the near future, so stay tuned.  If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me here at the ISA forums.  Rob G 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

One of the flies we will be working on tomorrow will be a Stealth Bomber.  I will be bringing various colors of flat foam and some tailing materials but feel free to google the images of that fly and get an idea of what other materials you would like to use.    

We had an excellent time at today's gathering, had about a dozen show up.  Below is a couple of the many Stealth Bomber flies that we tied.  We know these are going to be "killer" flies as evidenced by the last photo :  )  Mark your calendars and try and join us for our next gathering on February 18th. 1:30 PM Bloomington Fire station on Hamilton Drive.

IMG_3962.JPG

IMG_3965.JPG

IMG_3967.JPG

IMG_5319.JPG

2 hours ago, Mike G said:

It is good to see the great work that was done on this classic and versatile pattern. I can't wait to see Zoo Master Rob's Stealth Cougar.

Definitely needs some tweaking and I must say, it feels so dirty to be mixing mallard with foam but we'll have to see what happens when you "just add water"

IMG_3972a.jpg

IMG_3974b.jpg