The Early Show - 11/12/17

The Early Show – Sunday 11/12/17 10am – 5pm

Presented by the Illinois Smallmouth Alliance & Dupage Rivers Fly Tyers

Come to the 7th Early Show, Chicago’s only all fly fishing & tying show!

Sit with the area’s best fly tyers as they demonstrate their talents on a wide variety of fly patterns.

Kids will enjoy the free fly tying & entomology programs.

Show Features:

• 25+ Regional fly tyers – sit and watch them create a fly for the waters they fish.
  • Federation of Fly Fishers Certified Casting Instructors provide free casting lessons.
  • Spey casting demonstrations & help matching the line to rod.
  • Regional fishing guides on hand to share tips & book trips.
  • Guest speaker presentations all day long.
  • Vendors include area shops, reps, pro tyers & guides all with great deals.
  • Six club booths ready to answer questions about their activities.
  • Dupage Forest Preserve District booth to promote outdoor & youth programs.
  • Raffle of donated flies & gear drawn at end of the show.
  • Free Youth Fly Tying with all the materials and tools provided.

At the Dupage F.P. Mayslake Peabody Estate, it was constructed by Francis Stuyvesant Peabody during the American Gilded Age.

Experience the splendor of its grounds and learn about fly fishing & tying inside the mansion at The Early Show.
Mark Your Calendar Now For The First Fly Show Of The Fall Season!

Mayslake Peabody Estate

1717 West 31st Street

Oakbrook, IL. 60523

Sunday 11/12/17

10:00 am to 5:00 pm

Admission is $10.00 for adults - kids 12 and under are FREE.

About Super Fly

My name is Pat Cohen. I live in upstate New York where there is an abundance of warm water streams, lakes, and farm ponds to fish; although most anything with gills is fair game. I was always a terrible fisherman with spin and casting gear, but I began fly fishing in 2008 and since then I have caught more fish than I can count. I have been tying flies since January of 2009. Fly fishing and tying have become an essential part of my life.

I specialize in deer hair bass bugs, but I tie everything from streamers to nymphs. The artistic freedom that fly tying offers is what drew me to it. All of my flies are meant to be fished with the exception of the display offerings. Every piece of each bug - be it the hair, feathers, or weed guards - has a purpose. The final product is a fish catching fly and a miniature sculpture all in one. To my way of thinking, there is nothing like watching a five pound bucketmouth or an 18 inch smallie erupting from the water to crush one of my bugs as it's drawn across the surface.

I have a deeply ingrained passion for chasing golden bones; carp on the fly is a challenge that more and more fly anglers are only beginning to appreciate. Carp are by far one of the most difficult fresh water species to hook with a fly, and I've created a wide variety of nymph patterns to target these misunderstood and often maligned game fish.

My Travels have also taken me into the world of salt water fly fishing. Most of my patterns are tied on reliable Mustad salt-water hooks for extra durability, and are suitable for stripers, blues, and any other salty game that might chase a baitfish.

My winters are spent chasing Great Lakes steelhead, salmon and browns. I will soon be offering a selection of the flies that I use to chase these magnificent sport fish as well. Expect a selection of both streamers and nymphs.

There will be continuous updates to this site as new offerings are added. If there is a fly that is missing that you would like to see, if you have any questions or are need of a specialty color or pattern, then please feel free to email me and I will do my best to accommodate your request. I tie all of my flies per order, so there are times when it will take me 2-3 weeks to put a large order in the mail. I take no short cuts and make each and every fly as durable and of as high a quality as I can. As a working artist, I try to add an artistic flair to all of my fly creations. I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoy creating them.

I am a member of the pro team for 3-Tand Reels, Epic Fly Rods, Peak Vises, Loon Outdoors, EP Flies, Dr. Slick, Jackson Kayak, Werner Paddles, Carp Pro Magazine and Partridge of Redditch Hooks. I regularly demonstrate fly tying at various events and fly shops on the east coast.

Thanks, Rich. More at rusuperfly.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't thank me. I was just a worker bee. John did all the heavy lifting. I just sat there and took money from people. I hope all the fly fishermen in the area appreciate all the work John did putting this event on. I dont even fly fish but I understand what it takes to do this so I had to be there to help in any way that I could. Thanks John.