Central IL Bassbugger Fly Tying Event - January 22nd

Rob G

We're going to be holding our first central Illinois Smallmouth Alliance Bassbugger fly tying event of the new year on Sunday, January 22nd. Remember, immediately afterwords several of us generally head to a nearby watering hole for a sandwich before heading home. If you have any questions or ideas, please feel free to contact me via PM here at the site. Check back here for more information as we draw closer.

January 22, Sunday, 1-4 PM
Bloomington, IL

Firestation # 2
1911 Hamilton Rd, Bloomington, IL 61704

Fred and others, I think we should just keep it scheduled just as originally stated on January 22nd. If weather becomes terrible making travel difficult, then maybe we cold use January 29th as a make up date, that is if Tim could arrange the Firestation for that day.

Sooooo, hopefully we'll see everyone on January 22nd.

Weather is looking good for travel this Sunday. Our old friend and longstanding ISA member Dave Franklin along with Colin will be demonstrating a couple flies and I'm sure there will be bunches of info and lies swapped so come on out. And then afterwards it's onto the other Famous Dave's : )

We're going to be holding our first central Illinois Smallmouth Alliance Bassbugger fly tying event of the new year on Sunday, January 22nd. Remember, immediately afterwords several of us generally head to a nearby watering hole for a sandwich before heading home. If you have any questions or ideas, please feel free to contact me via PM here at the site. Check back here for more information as we draw closer.

January 22, Sunday, 1-4 PM

Bloomington, IL

Firestation # 2

1911 Hamilton Rd, Bloomington, IL 61704

And how many days would that be?

I would just like to thank all 11 that made it out today to our first fly tying gathering of the new year. We had a great time and kudos go to Colin and JimZ for their collaboration on reintroducing us to the old classic, the Mickey Finn. Also I want to thank Dave F. for making available to us the really neat blue damsel fly tying kit. Afterwords we were treated to a little BBQ and a large helping of fish tales. (Sorry Mike : )

IMG_3124a.jpg

IMG_3130a.jpg

16113110_682009508645779_356464270729805