Update Your Profile Page

Terry Dodge

I checked out your Wix site. Really nice!!! I like how you put the full-screen stream video as the page background and have a mellow soundtrack. Lots of good stuff to browse. Looks like you've had a lot of fun building it.

I checked out your Wix site. Really nice!!! I like how you put the full-screen stream video as the page background and have a mellow soundtrack. Lots of good stuff to browse. Looks like you've had a lot of fun building it.

It is fun! And very simple to do. FREE!!!

You and your family should put together a wixsite to keep a fun log of your family adventures.

I think your boys would get a kick out of it.

I've kept up fishthefox.com since 2009.

And fishthefox.com is very nice!

Wix is pretty simple to work with. An 8 year old could do it with ease.

I think your boys would have fun building their own wixsite.

Every thing is drag and drop. Simple.

I'm sure there are a lot of things that I could still do but just have not got around to it yet.

But, how do I do that?

Click on your name on the upper right hand side of this screen, next to "sign out".

Click on "MY Profile", once on your profile page click "Edit Profile". About half way down click on "Edit About Me Page".

If you want to add a pic like I have then you'll have to use a photobucket link.

So then there is you goal for 2017.

not really, doing a lot more than I do now online just isn't my cup of tea. besides my kids are tired of trying to teach the old dog .

I managed to change my profile pic from the one that is oh....about 15 years old to this lovely memory of a topwater smallie at night.

It was not easy to change. I could not upload directly from my computer. Saved the file at 200 X 200. Also tried 300 X 300...no go.

Not sure if it is because i am using a mac and something funky is going on. I know Scott uses one, so that's probably not it. I uploaded it to Tiny Pic that worked.

Thought it was Safari, so I tried it using Chrome via my Chromebook. The only way to load it was to upload to tiny pic, then copy the URL from"Direct Link to Layaouts" (or click on the image once to open it then right click on it to copy the URL. It has to be 200X200 for the forum to accept it.

I tried this on my mac and Chrome. Maybe it works with another browser?

These itty bitty images look better if you sharpen the bejesus out of them, bring up the saturation, and contrast. If you have Photoshop the Clarity slider does wonders also. You can go whack with the sharpening because they are too small to see the resulting noise.

Thought it was Safari, so I tried it using Chrome via my Chromebook. The only way to load it was to upload to tiny pic, then copy the URL from"Direct Link to Layaouts" (or click on the image once to open it then right click on it to copy the URL. It has to be 200X200 for the forum to accept it.

I tried this on my mac and Chrome. Maybe it works with another browser?

Did you try copying the URL directly from the pic on your computer? Just curious as I tried to put a new PP up back in August and tried two different PC's obviously with no luck.... Even posted in off the hook looking for help. So you actually got it to work using the above method? Assume you made the pic 200x200 first on your computer?

Did you try copying the URL directly from the pic on your computer? Just curious as I tried to put a new PP up back in August and tried two different PC's obviously with no luck.... Even posted in off the hook looking for help. So you actually got it to work using the above method? Assume you made the pic 200x200 first on your computer?

Yes. But it's going to have three different windows with tags, you want that "direct Link" one or the actual link with no tags which you can right click on the image to get.

That's the only way I got it to work. Yes I shrunk it to 200x200 first.

Yes. But it's going to have three different windows with tags, you want that "direct Link" one or the actual link with no tags which you can right click on the image to get.

That's the only way I got it to work. Yes I shrunk it to 200x200 first.

So I tried messing with this a bit... correctly shrunk the picture and tried uploading from computer and it didn't work. When in doubt Google! Basically for an image to get a URL it needs to be uploaded to the web. So I went back to the post with the picture I was going to use and opened it up and copied that URL. The file was too large. Opened up properties on the small picture in the post and copied and pasted the URL to use for PP and of course it worked. Pic is not sized correctly but it worked.

So you can do this one of three ways; one do the tiny pic thing that Mark did, two if you post a pic in a report on here that you also want to use for a PP just post two pics in your report (one for the report and one 200x200 for PP). Finally put the pic you want to use for PP (200x200) in your gallery on your profile and use the URL from that.

So I tried messing with this a bit... correctly shrunk the picture and tried uploading from computer and it didn't work. When in doubt Google! Basically for an image to get a URL it needs to be uploaded to the web. So I went back to the post with the picture I was going to use and opened it up and copied that URL. The file was too large. Opened up properties on the small picture in the post and copied and pasted the URL to use for PP and of course it worked. Pic is not sized correctly but it worked.

So you can do this one of three ways; one do the tiny pic thing that Mark did, two if you post a pic in a report on here that you also want to use for a PP just post two pics in your report (one for the report and one 200x200 for PP). Finally put the pic you want to use for PP (200x200) in your gallery on your profile and use the URL from that.

right. URL stands for "uniform resource locator". When you upload the picture to the web, It gets a URL assigned to it, that's it's "address" on the web. But a lot of these sites that host pictures also give the option to put tags at the beginning and ending of the address. For example the tags that allow the picture to be shown on a bulletin board page rather than just a link. If you try to put in a URL with those tags at the beginning and end it won't work.

The easiest way to get the URL from an image- minus the tags and all is to right click on it then hit "properties".

I could not get it to upload from my gallery, though with a 200x200. I might have screwed something up there.

Also could not get it to upload directly from my computer.