Photo

gordon p

Was going through my phone deleting crap and I came across this photo. This was taken first week of August last year on the St. Croix river. Think is pretty nice for a phone camera and my amateur eye.

post-324-0-37702300-1463632697_thumb.jpg

Steve S., on 19 May 2016 - 06:05 AM, said:

Nice shot!

I'd like to get back to that river someday!

This was on the trip last year the was primarily on the Namekagon. Turns out the better fishing was on the St. Croix. I had fished the Croix three other times but the stretch we fished was farther upstream than the previous areas I fished. The farther upstream you go the rockier and more riffle-y it becomes. The stretch just upstream from where we fished ( i.e. the first 8 miles of river ) looks just awesome. It has been haunting me all year. I have a tentative trip to float in for 1 day in July

This was on the trip last year the was primarily on the Namekagon. Turns out the better fishing was on the St. Croix. I had fished the Croix three other times but the stretch we fished was farther upstream than the previous areas I fished. The farther upstream you go the rockier and more riffle-y it becomes. The stretch just upstream from where we fished ( i.e. the first 8 miles of river ) looks just awesome. It has been haunting me all year. I have a tentative trip to float in for 1 day in July

I'm right with you on being haunted Gordon. We had about the same results; so-so on Namekagon but more like our cup of tea on the Upper St. Croix. Unfortunately a huge storm rolled in just when the fishing started to pop. On a positive note, after the lightning, wind and hail passed, Tim landed his first musky on the fly!

I hope to return to that stretch of river and give it a better shot!