Waders vs. Paddling Pants

Gregg S

Terry,

Paddling pants are like waders without feet. You can try to go waterproof on the feet or not, depending on the weather and your preference.

I asked because I don't like being wet or cold, and often wear waist high waders in my kayak. I am a little concerned that this could be a drowning hazard if dumped.They also tend to hold air pockets, which can be uncomfortable.

I did take a dramatic spill one time with chest waders (with a waist belt). Even though I was in the water a minute or two, I was dry. No water got in, but it got me thinking.

Gregg

If its too cold to wet wade I'm in waders, If not I'm wet wading. Never had an issue with waders in a kayak and and I don't believe them to be a drowning hazard, especially if you're wearing a belt.

Here is perfect demonstration. I also find mine to be very comfortable but that comes down to preference. I personally stick with breathable stockingfoots that have enough space for me to move.