Worm Fly with 3 hooks

Have been working on a worm fly using a flytyerdungeon dubbing and added some Ice Dub Olive to give some sparkles. Using furled tail technique as in the Dungeon Leech, but added multi hooks (2 hooks) on the tail. This is my first attempt.

post-1339-0-87151300-1457896038_thumb.jpgpost-1339-0-39028200-1457896053_thumb.jpg

Thanks all. Inspired by this worm: http://www.cabelas.com/product/fishing/soft-baits/worms|/pc/104793480/c/104772780/sc/104820480/ike-con-6-1-4-pre-rigged-worm-ndash-2-pack/727850.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fworms%2F_%2FN-1102359%2FNo-0%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_104820480%3FWTz_st%3DGuidedNav%26WTz_stype%3DGNP%26recordsPerPage%3D48

I'm planning to drag this over lily pads and drop into pockets.

The 3 hooks are connected by 4 strands of 30lbs Power Pro. Took a long time to figure out how to connect them together.

Nice fly. I think the back two hooks would be better off being lighter and cheaper hooks. Are those all Gama SC15 or the Mustad C47? Maybe put size 4 or 6 B10S? This could give you a better action in addition to lowering the cost and increasing hooksetting ability on light takes.

I usually articulate smallmouth flies with a single strand of 30# Surflon coated 1x7 wire. I pass it through the rear hook and slide a bead or two over both strands then wrap it along the near side of the forward hook's shank, moving the wire to the top of the shank as I wrap forward and then folding it back at the very front to prevent slippage. I haven't had any issues. But that might create a slightly stiffer action than the power pro.

the ultimate fly to invent is a wacky style worm . now if tom reads this tonight he will have a hard time going to sleep rich

I am glad I read this this morning. I will dream something up tonight. :rolleyes:

Yes Tim. They're Gam SC15, 1/0 & 2. Just used whatever I had at hand. I used the Power Pro to form a dubbing loop and furled it to form the tail.

Good point. You would not be able to furl with the wire connections. Do you plan to continue using these hooks?