Schaumburg Fishing Show Jan 28-31

The Schaumburg Fishing Show runs Thursday Jan 28 to Sunday the 31st.

We'll need a few volunteers to work Friday, Saturday afternoon and Sunday. Post here if you can help out.

Thursday 12-8

John Loebach 12-8

Ed Buric 12-8

Friday 12-8

Craig Holderness 12-8

Dick Gronlund 12-8

Gordon Patriarca 3-7

Saturday

Scott 10-7

Frank Briggs 10-7

Sunday

Scott Ferguson 10-7

Ron Kurasz 10-7

Scott,

I can do Friday from 12 to 8 with Craig.

Looking forward to working with you and Craig on Friday.

We just had one renewal / blowout ticket. Remember this was opening day on a week day a lot of the traffic was other exhibitors. I talked to some interested people including a guy that is trying to restart the Minnesota smallmouth alliance but no one would be willing to commit right then and there.

Friday show seemed pretty busy. We signed up a few new members, resigned some lapsed members and sold 2 Blowout tickets. The weekend crowds should be good with the mild weather and no major sporting events on tv. A lot of neat stuff to look at. There was a kayak that made me laugh. It was loaded with so much stuff that it must have weighed a couple hundred pounds. It looked like the Moby Dick of kayaks.

10 new members total, several renewals. I'm sure the weather helped, but there were good crowds all weekend. It's nice to see a fishing show that is growing and appears to be doing well. I really enjoy working the show, seeing old friends, meeting new people and making contact with our members. 2 weeks till the Tinley Park show.

Thanks for the update Scott. That is a pretty good result. On Friday we talked to a few more that seemed really interested, but just would not commit on the spot. Hopefully, some of these prospective "buyers" will go home, check out the website and decide to become members.