Kish Float, Saturday, May 2

It's time to scratch that itch. We will meet at Cherry Valley Cafe ( https://plus.google....out?gl=us&hl=en ) at 7:30am, May 2 for
some breakfast eats and smallmouth talk. We will then put in at Cherry Valley's Baumann Park and float to the take out at Atwood Park in New Milford.
This is an all day float so pack a lunch if you would like.
For more info contact Terry Dodge here > http://illinoissmall...hp?showuser=877

http://illinoissmallmouthalliance.net/forums/index.php?app=calendar&module=calendar&section=view&do=showevent&event_id=697

The coming week is looking good. I expect the Kish to be flowing at an ideal level.

The below normal over night temps (dipping into the 20's) that we have been experiencing the last couple weeks

have kept the smallmouth in a somewhat negative mood. I expect this mood to change during the warming days ahead and

look for the smallies to begin their pre spawn feed starting on Saturday, May 2.

We're somewheres in the area of 6 to 7 days away from the float date.

Bring your Chug Bug.

And with some skill and some luck, you just might catch one of these....

I'm pretty optimistic looking at the current levels and the forecast. The timing looks perfect! Combine that with the best B&G east of the Mississippississippi? Should be a great day.

Yes, I noticed Terry's lack of excitement when I said I was going. I had the same response when I noticed how teeny tiny that smallmouth was he said we might get "lucky" to catch.

Looks like great weather and river conditions. Top that off with some of those little fish Terry catches and it might be a good day!

Yes, I noticed Terry's lack of excitement when I said I was going. I had the same response when I noticed how teeny tiny that smallmouth was he said we might get "lucky" to catch.

Looks like great weather and river conditions. Top that off with some of those little fish Terry catches and it might be a good day!

Keep in mind that this is Terry we're talking about. Any fish is lucky.

As of now (12:31am 4/28/15) there are only a total of 4 of us. Don't think I need to make reservations at the cafe for that amount.

Should be a nice day. There is talk of maybe some thunder storms later in the day. We'll see how it plays out.

Tim is the only one I would worry about.

***BREAKING NEWS***

The Migration is complete.