feelfree fishing

gordon p

I bought the Moken by FeelFree a few years ago and loved it overall. My issues were that it was stable enough to stand on,but wasn't designed to do so. They addressed all of that and more with the Lure 11.5. I can't stress enough how helpful the molded in handles and wheel in the keel are for transportation. That seat looks plush as well.

My issue now is I've got a 2 year old, and another on the way who will be wanting to get out with Daddy, I'm looking at the Nucanoe Frontiers for their versatility, I've seen my friend put his through the paces. Still, for a 1 person kayak, I bet the Lure is one of the most versatile and biggest bang for your buck kayaks out there. I really.. really... wish I had that chair on some of my overnight camping trips.

It seems like the one wheel would be tough to balance on when pulling a loaded yak on uneven ground. Was that an issue, Ben? That does look like a sweet boat. The seat looks as comfy as my recliner.

It seems like the one wheel would be tough to balance on when pulling a loaded yak on uneven ground. Was that an issue, Ben? That does look like a sweet boat. The seat looks as comfy as my recliner.

I never had too much of an issue, the front handle is molded in and wide so you can get a solid grip and more leverage. It's reassuring knowing that the keel won't wear out and you get much less resistance than sliding would.

My feeble old mind forgets lots of things, Jim.

It sure would beat the heck out of strapping my wheels on and then having to carry them on the yak.

Kidding asside,

I have a full year under me with this kayak and would highly recommend it. The seat is is so nice allowing you to raise up making fly casting easier. Width for stability and plenty of space to pack whatever you want. The wheel is great, makes car to water a breeze, but it does have a flaw in that pulling it across damp dirt or mud can get packed and stop the wheel from any use. A 260cm paddle is also the best choice for this yak as well with it's combination of width and seat adjustments.

• 2 months later...