CaBle tie Craw

Mike G

Jim, I thought the same thing, no barbell eye and so how will it ride hook up or maybe not really necessary? I was too afraid to ask such a "silly" question, feeling that there's probably an answer right before me that I'm missing and God forbid I show my true ignorance :D

Jim, I thought the same thing, no barbell eye and so how will it ride hook up or maybe not really necessary? I was too afraid to ask such a "silly" question, feeling that there's probably an answer right before me that I'm missing and God forbid I show my true ignorance :D

I think the answer comes at 9:20 in the video. I have tied inverted hook streamers that rode hook up even without a lead counterweight. The bulk or buoyancy of the wing does the trick.

Mike nailed it that the buoyancy of the wing was suppose to keep the fly rides hook-point-up, but I have a serious double that this fly would. 2 things might prevent it from riding as such.

First is the tail. It adds opposite buoyancy countering the wing's buoyancy. Dish the tail would help.

Second is the cable eyes. The way the eyes were tied on in the video adds additional weight to the hook-point-side. The wing may not have enough buoyancy to flip the fly hook-point-up. Flip the cable eyes up or opposit of the way it was tied would help.

These are just my quick observations without actually testing the fly.