chris helm

Guest rich mc

Thanks for the heads up Rich. I had corresponded and spoken with Chris a few times over the years and had purchased deer hair from him. He was extremely knowledgeable and willing to speak with you at length as to what would work best in each situation. I spoke to the couple who purchased his business at the Early Show a couple weeks ago and they said his cancer had returned. Very sorry to hear of his passing.

Sad news. I saw Chris at Drift at least twice. His presentation on deer hair was an education in an hour. No one handles the material like he could. He would say take a pencil or two in your fingers, cut close to hide, place on top of hook & take two loose gathering wraps then 2 or 3 tight wraps & repeat. Hard to do without loosing some in the process but Chris would grab a cigar sized clump & position it perfectly. His deer hair mice are a work of art. We have lost a great talent & natural teacher of his art.