Kish Wade 8/9/14

Saturday, August 9 - Kishwaukee River Wade Outing. (host Terry)
We will meet at Ojeda's in New Milford, IL. at 8am. for some smancy-fancy, good food breakfast.
This is normally a very popular outing, so we will break into how ever many groups
we may need and hit the north, south and main branches of the Kishwaukee River.

Ojeda's Steakhouse & Bar
(https://www.facebook...493003977481397)

Who's in?

Ojeda's Steakhouse & Bar is at the corner of HWY 251 and Blackhawk Rd.

Fine dining breakfast at a reasonable cost. ISA NW Region Members "Stamp of Approval" for good breakfast eats

Close to forest preserves. Contact Terry if you need directions.
(https://www.facebook...493003977481397)

breakfast was very good with fancy and unusual menu items. I went fishing in Jude's group and had a great day on the river.

I got 16 smb, one largest at approx 14 1/2 -15. Found fish in current, or near rocky banks, or against wood. Hula and Senko fished on the bottom. Also had one big splash of a bite on a topwater which nearly gave me a heart attack, my over-reacted missed hookset sending the lure way behind me with the line wrapped around me several times. LOTS of tubers, kayaks and canoes on the river.

ericg

post-1916-0-42189800-1407678008_thumb.jpg

Brian R., Jim S., Mr. Tim and myself got as far away from Jude as we could. The man just smells, I tell you.

My group hit the I-39 area and we were immediately blessed by the overhead soaring of an American Bald Eagle.

The water clarity was a bit stained, which I found very confusing. Even upset me at one point to where I broke my spin rod in half

and smacked a tuber upside the head as she passed by. Okay, that was a lie. I guess I'm known for that.

Brian, Jim and I waded our way down stream while Tim did his disappearing act that he seems to usually do at our outings.

Brian started us off with the first fish of the day.

The fishing was a bit slow (due to the stain I believe) but all in attendance (in the liars group) ended the day either near or over the

double digets. Jim S. logged the big fish of the day at 16 inches.

Had a very nice day, gentlemen. Thanks for putting it together, Terry. I highly recommend Ojeda's for breakfast. Fishing was pretty slow, but we all caught fish. Most of the day was spent on the main branch downstream of Blackhawk Road. As the day wore on, the tubers and yakkers came out in force. I've never seen so much activity. One group of tubers had a tube for their grill. The next group had a 3'x3' wooden boom box speaker thingy on its own tube. We could hear it from a mile away. I forgot to thank them for providing the entertainment. I get so tired of hearing birds and frogs and gurgling water, it was refreshing to hear some Rhianna while fishing.

Nice to finally get back on the Kish after a 2-month absence. Thanks to Terry for organizing this on a day I when I could make an ISA outing. I was with Jude and Eric and managed to bring to hand 7 SMB ranging from 9-13". Was out-dueled by several more. Terry, I also notice the stain and was a bit surprised, given the lack of rain. I suspect the boat and tube traffic may be partly responsible.

Bill K

I fished with Jim, Terry, and Tim. Tim and I "speed waded" back since we both had to head back home due to plans that evening. Sorry I had to leave so abruptly. I caught six fish, and all my fish came on the new Yamamoto Tate Pencil "walk the dog" topwater bait. I didn't get any action on a popper, but soon as I tied that bait on plenty of action ensued. I got at least twice as many strikes as fish. Seems that the smallies in the Kish had bad aim that day. My best was probably around 14", but I didn't measure it.

I had a great time and it was nice to meet all of you. Looking forward to doing it again. I'm always up for a paddle as well. I have to say I was a bit disappointed. Jude had me thinking that I'd hear some great lies, however I left a bit disappointed. ;)

I fished with Jim, Terry, and Tim. Tim and I "speed waded" back since we both had to head back home due to plans that evening. Sorry I had to leave so abruptly. I caught six fish, and all my fish came on the new Yamamoto Tate Pencil "walk the dog" topwater bait. I didn't get any action on a popper, but soon as I tied that bait on plenty of action ensued. I got at least twice as many strikes as fish. Seems that the smallies in the Kish had bad aim that day. My best was probably around 14", but I didn't measure it.

I had a great time and it was nice to meet all of you. Looking forward to doing it again. I'm always up for a paddle as well. I have to say I was a bit disappointed. Jude had me thinking that I'd hear some great lies, however I left a bit disappointed. ;)

Brian

Too bad Jude didn't tell you his story about eagles killing wolves.He even has photo shopped pics to prove it. <_<

Based the post about the two 23" smallies jumping into the yak and eating the Senkos out of the bag, I'd say Terry's prevaricatorial prowess has rubbed off on Brian.

I tried to embed the video for you Ron, but I'm a maroon. Google "Eagles hunting wolves in mongolia" on you tube.

Based the post about the two 23" smallies jumping into the yak and eating the Senkos out of the bag, I'd say Terry's prevaricatorial prowess has rubbed off on Brian.

I tried to embed the video for you Ron, but I'm a maroon. Google "Eagles hunting wolves in mongolia" on you tube.

What is a "maroon"?