Rob G

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Colt,

It could be tricky. Doubling the thickness of the foam for some parts will probably be necessary though I might stick with thinner foam for the wings. Then I can start making it in NFL North colors. A Bear Bee. A Cheese Bee. A Lion Bee. And a Viking Bee if I can find purple foam.

Rob,

My set went out via first class mail yesterday. I imagine you will receive them tomorrow (if you did not get them today). I will admit that I forgot to include toe tags. However, I did include an extra fly (twelve total). Please use your discretion on the best way to use the extra fly.

Another disclosure: My fly tying is a bit rusty, so the first six flies were somewhat sketchy and the second six flies look nicer. So each participant has a 50/50 shot of getting one of the nicer flies. : )

Colt

I totally forgot to tag the flies. The flies that look like a hopper on steroids, or hopper/popper mix, are from me. They are tied in olive, tan, and yellow. Sorry, I'm new to the swap, and horrible at following instructions! Ryan

Ryan,

received the KGB's today. I should be able to get everything wrapped up this evening after work so hopefully if all goes well, I should have everyone's flies in the mail tomorrow.

Thanks again to all for participating.

Rob

Awesome, thanks again for running this. Ryan

Thank you, Rob. The event was a smashing success. Each fly is a work of art that will also catch fish. Everyone should look at the gallery. I am proud to have my offering in the group. I am also proud that it does not stand out in the fly box. Like the B-2 it is stealthy. Where would we be without EVA foam? Take out that and fake fur, and there would not be much left on the hooks. Again, Rob, you get another attaboy for the Zoo Cougar made mostly from real fur and real feathers by the looks of it.