Any interest in an ISA fly swap?

Rob G

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Terry, you really do procrastinate way too much !

Btw, for those that do want to get a jump on this and since we don't have an exact number of entries and therefore, an exact number of flies to tie just yet, I did state that you would not be required to tie more than 11 maximum so keep that in mind.

I'm in if there are still spots open. Sounds fun. I'll be tying a variation of the Gurgler. I will admit I have not fished this fly since I started tying it so I can't say how well it performs. Let me know if I'm in.

post-1839-0-65293000-1390334449_thumb.jpg

I'm in if there are still spots open. Sounds fun. I'll be tying a variation of the Gurgler. I will admit I have not fished this fly since I started tying it so I can't say how well it performs. Let me know if I'm in.

attachicon.gif007.JPG

Those look great Tim. The blue one with legs becomes a great Damsel Fly while the green one if it had legs would be a good dragon fly which is to say please put legs on mine.

Swappers,

I'm going to need a total of 11 flies from each of you. Everyone will therefore get a complete set and we'll then have enough for raffle prizes at the upcoming Blow Out.

Thanks again for participating.

(Terry, I'll make sure there's a little something extra in yours since you sent in a dozen)

And for those that missed out this time, hopefully you can participate in the next.

Rob, put me down for "Loomudclouski". It is a dumpbell eye (hook pointed up) version of my CF Muddler. It is a combination of Muddler minnow, Clouser minnow, Borski slider, and some of my ideas, thus the name Loo, Muddler, Clouser, borSki.

Ryan,

so far all listed are topwater surface flies or near topwater. Not sure about Tom's fly that he just posted since I don't know whether that it floats or not? I will have to get clarification there.

Soooooo, please if possible, in keeping with the focus on this particular swap if you could give me something that floats or stays near the top. Next swap will likely be some sort of streamer. Thanks.

Good news to all swappers, Tom L. will be tying up some of his craft fur Muddlers so this is really turning into a nice selection of Topwaters.

(Not that I'm selfishly twisting Tom's arm here, can't wait to get my hands on one of those)

So Ryan, whom are you bringing to the dance?

Ms. Murdich Minnow maybe? Dahlberg Diver? (alliteration overload)

Well...I was thinking popper/diver flies, but maybe go with some kind of floating injured baitfish style fly now. Although I did just get a bunch more material for deerhair poppers/divers since my original idea of the gurgler was taken! We'll see, I'll let you know by tonight after I toy around with some deerhair. Ryan

Well, I was thinking about tying a "Dahlberg Flashdancer". I don't want to impose on Tom though because this is pretty similar to the Muddler, usually just has a little more pronounced collar. I would tie it in different color variations, and this is just kind of a rough draft, my first time tying it. Needs more flash. This fly is designed to kind of sit in the film, with the marabou tail and flash just below water, and the collar holding the head at surface level. I just figure its a fly that can be used by someone in many ways, floating line, sink tip, etc. Ryan

2upq0z6.jpg