2014 Inaugural Float, DuPage River, (Rescheduled)

I'll be working with Ed as Chicago area coordinator and will kick the fishing season off with a float trip fishing trip for smallmouth on the DuPage River on March 8, 2014. This is less than 2 months away so start getting your fishing gear and yaks in order. More details will follow but plan will be to float approximately three mile stretch, with gathering afterwards at takeout. Don't worry if you don't have yak or don't want to float, as I'll share some wading spots for fisherman that only want to wade who can join all afterwards at takeout. This will be first of hopefully many fishing excursions/floats planned for this year.

Yeah that's early for me to be putting the roof rack on the car and getting the kayak out! I might make it to the take out or meet if you guys hit a restaurant afterward to thaw out.

March 7 last year on the Fox...

3-7-13.jpg

I was under the(mistaken?) impression that a few years ago the club had determined that we would not have anymore organized outtings on small more vulnerable rivers like the Dupe. I think that's a good policy there being both larger and longer rivers,K3, Fox,Kish, Vermillion available for the outtings.

I was under the(mistaken?) impression that a few years ago the club had determined that we would not have anymore organized outtings on small more vulnerable rivers like the Dupe. I think that's a good policy there being both larger and longer rivers,K3, Fox,Kish, Vermillion available for the outtings.

Simple fix for that Ron, we can split up into small 2-3 man groups and float different sections. I don't expect the turn out to be so large it will have a detrimental effect and on the system, it is still freakn march.

We'll have to have some luck with weather and water levels to kick this off this early. Hope springs eternal. The rivers Ron mentions and has shown to me are on the radar for sure as well as others I have in mind. More to come. I have a feeling this is going to be an incredible smallmouth year!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...