Skiffs

Nate D

Anyone fish out of a Towee or Hog Island skiff? Towee looks cool, but looks like it's a balancing act to fish out of. Hog Island seems like a good boat, but want to know how it handles or how easily it gets on plane.

Been talking with Todd from towee for a couple weeks now, probably sending him a check next week. I'm sold

I considerd the Hogg Island, two things, shipping cost and the weight both would not work for me.

FYI Brad Bohen and the tribe up north use em alot, this is his busy season though.

These boats look awesome. As much as I try to fly fish from a seating position in my kayak, I realize the only way around the difficulty is to stand. These boats would allow it and also get through shallow and skinny water, and rough water as well. I'm intrigued.

I was torn between this and the drift boat a few years ago. Settled with the db because I always wanted one as a kid and reminded me of good ol' days on the Snake. Impractical for Illinois in my opinion. Didn't stop me from buying one. Rivers in Illinois are easy to row so I do get lucky sometimes when someone feels ambitious enough to try rowing for their first time and let me fish. You don't need all that 'rocker' a db offers either. Hard to row and fish at the same time. I don't fish alone out of the drift boat. That's why I like the 'technical skiff' idea like Towee and a few others. I could use it on rivers and lakes. Fish solo. I like the idea of a boat that is a melting pot of a few different styles.

I love my big jonn boat. 18ft and 86 inches wide I can float in 4-5 inches of water.plenty of room for rods and a tackle store of tackle. I have oarlocks in place so I can control from the middle like a drift boat. and im one of the few boats that have a push pole. craig r had his gheenoe type boat out to shabbonathis summer , its called the riverhawk rich mc