July 13th Float Your Boat

Paddle and trail is again joining with us for this year's float your boat event.There will be a wide selection of kayaks and canoes to paddle and compare.

Should you be wondering what kayak fishing is all about or if you are wondering how your boat compares to the latest offerings this is the opportunity for you to find out.

To top it all off Jericho lake has some pretty decent fishing

I kayaked and fished Jericho Lake with my youngest son on Thursday evening for 2 hours. The lake is very high this year. The little sand beach that we had all the kayaks displayed on last year is under water. The perimeter of the lake is very overgrown and it doesn't appear that it has gotten much shoreline pressure this year, aside from the easily accessible areas on the parking lot side.

Caught 4 largemouth bass while fishing a blue and black Senko deep. One was a nice fighter at 18". The lake is still very clear but weedy. Froggin' would be a good bet along with wormin'.

• 2 weeks later...

Paddle and trail is again joining with us for this year's float your boat event.There will be a wide selection of kayaks and canoes to paddle and compare.
Should you be wondering what kayak fishing is all about or if you are wondering how your boat compares to the latest offerings this is the opportunity for you to find out.
To top it all off Jericho lake has some pretty decent fishing,
Jericho lake park:
http://www.mapquest....ra-il-265713252

event-21-0-07938100-1371832317_thumb.jpg

Saturday July 13th at 8:00am

Unfortunately, P&T closed their doors yesterday. So in essence, our sponsor and main draw for this event has fallen through.

Of course, it's shocking news and we're all hoping it may be temporary. P&T was a great shop and asset to downtown Aurora. Charlie is a stand-up guy and strong supporter of the ISA and the Fox River.

Saddened by the recent developments and hoping things turn around.

Doesn't look like the Riverbassin' tournament will happen either.

While it is unfortunate that Paddle and trail is now closed down,the I S A will still hold a float your boat outing at Jericho lake on July 13th.

Members are encouraged to bring their own personal craft to display and to spend some time just messing around with boats.

Yes,it really took me by surprise too.I had no idea that this was going to happen.

That said,we will still have a float your boat outing at Jericho lake on the 13th.In fact,Ron why not bring out your float tube.You can demonstrate to us why you like it so much.

Ed

I believe Charlie sold more boats then the boys up in Rockford, is that store closed up as well?

My question too. How about Rockford?

Sorry to hear about Paddle and Trail, I really liked the store and the people there. However Im sure the competition is steep with all the yaks being sold by the large box stores. Its not easy for the mom and pop stores. Is there still any way to salvage the Riverbassin tourney?

The paddle and trail closing is TEMPORARY. they are doing some restructuring and may be open in a week or so.

They are working as fast as they can to get this done and have all intentions of being back.

Right now the tourney is still on with maybe a few tweaks.

The paddle and trail closing is TEMPORARY. they are doing some restructuring and may be open in a week or so.

They are working as fast as they can to get this done and have all intentions of being back.

Right now the tourney is still on with maybe a few tweaks.

Good to hear, does that apply to Aurora?

Sorry to hear about Paddle and Trail, I really liked the store and the people there. However Im sure the competition is steep with all the yaks being sold by the large box stores. Its not easy for the mom and pop stores. Is there still any way to salvage the Riverbassin tourney?

See that's the problem Bart, the same thing went on with the Fly fishing shops. Now instead of stopping in your local fly shop,leaning on the counter and having a cup of coffee, I'm relegated to the big box waste land and the internet. I'm a person that will gladly pay a little extra if the service and personal attention is there, and let me tell you it just isn't at a Basspro or Cabalas.

Paddle and Trail or no Paddle and Trail there will still be a Float Your Boat outing at Jericho lake.Boat or no boat come on out Saturday the 13th and spend a few hours just messing around with boats.It really is worth doing.

Paddle and Trail or no Paddle and Trail there will still be a Float Your Boat outing at Jericho lake.Boat or no boat come on out Saturday the 13th and spend a few hours just messing around with boats.It really is worth doing.

It's still on for Saturday July 13th 8:00am at Jericho lake in Aurora Il.

http://www.mapquest.com/places/jericho-lake-park-aurora-il-265713252