Midnight Mullett

Guest Jim S.

Guest Jim S.

Really liked this fly, I only changed 2 things on it. The main thing was the eyes, the eyes on this one move and make a rattle sound, thought it couldn't hurt. Not the best pic, but it's late and I have a burrito to tend to.

KF18.jpg

Guest Jim S.

Looks like a winner! Is it weighted? What size/style of hook did you use?

No, not weighted, but after throwing it today I could see adding some lead wire for a bit of weight and having 2 styles. It's tied on a Daiichi 2546 #2. The head is colored with a Prismacolor marker in Cool Gray. Looks very nice in the water.

Great Tie.

It reminds me that grizzly is an old family favorite and that I have some Hobby Lobby eyes and some silver Gilt Eyelash that will fill the materials bill when I sit down to tie some.

I was wondering if those hollow plastic eyes might add some buoyancy. It looks like they did and adding some wire to the body might be the solution.

Guest Jim S.

I was wondering if those hollow plastic eyes might add some buoyancy. It looks like they did and adding some wire to the body might be the solution.

Yes, and at the time gave no thought of it. An accidental top water.

Love the name. Sounds like it should be the name of professional bowler on the Simpsons.

Actually he was a professional wrestler caught here by the paparazzi.

mullet-on-the-beach.jpg

The Midnight Mullet

Didn't everyone have a mullet at some time.