Jackson Kayak

KeithC

Good quality, American made, loaded with features for the angler. Very comfortable removable / adjustable high-low seat. Lots of storage. Many color combinations to chose from. Tracks well and due to its shorter length, turns a bit easier than the Cuda 14. More suited for our area (rivers) than the Cuda 14 but not as nimble as its brother the Coosa. Would be a nice boat for dual-purpose kayak fishing, i.e., flat water / moving water. Best bet is to find a local dealer that carries them and test paddle one.

I owned a Cuda 14 and used it for kayak fishing on the Fox River as well as lakes and ponds. Loved the comfort of the seat and just the overall feel of the boat once in the water. Downside is weight / manageability when getting it to / from the water. The sit-on-top kayaks tend to be fairly heavy boats due to their construction.

I'd bet there will be one available to test paddle at our upcoming event:

July 13 (Saturday) at 8:00 AM
“Float Your Boat” Event, Jericho Lake, Aurora. Meet at 8:00 AM or arrive earlier if you would like to do a little bit of fishing first. Paddle and Trail of Aurora will again provide a number of boats for us to try as will some of our members. If you have been thinking of canoe or kayak fishing, this is a great opportunity to try out some different boats and get some expert advice on getting started.

July 13 (Saturday) at 8:00 AM
“Float Your Boat” Event, Jericho Lake, Aurora. Meet at 8:00 AM or arrive earlier if you would like to do a little bit of fishing first. Paddle and Trail of Aurora will again provide a number of boats for us to try as will some of our members. If you have been thinking of canoe or kayak fishing, this is a great opportunity to try out some different boats and get some expert advice on getting started.

There's the best tip. Try one. Up near Rockford Paddle &Trail, Loves Park, is on a small lake where you can test paddle I suppose any time.

Eric, Thanks for the response. The weight and overall length were my two concerns. I have had an Old Town Discovery that I still use. However, not easy to operate by one person. I believe this will give me more possibilities for solo use.

Like Eric said, weight is the only downfall. I own the Coosa, which is close to 70lbs. Getting it on and off the car isn't to bad, I just put a folded towel down on the back, and just lift one end up onto the towel, then pick up the other end and push onto the rack. I would consider investing in a kayak cart. They have the smaller ones that just have two posts that go through the scupper holes. There is only one lake by me that I need it, the rest have launches into the water. Its still worth it too me, they are very well made and tough as hell. Ryan