NW Region Members

Terry Dodge

Just want to know everybody's thoughts are on the seminar thing that Ken-Rock Community Center would like

us to host this early Spring. This could be a good way to pick up a few new ISA members if we were to do it.

Need to get your thoughts so I can get back with them.

Thanks

There wasn't an original post, it was something Terry talked about at the meeting last Saturday. Terry could add some more details but it went something like: Terry is buddies with John Guth the director of Ken Rock, John approached Terry to do a few fishing seminars for an event they are having in the spring.

Although I am not happy with John for business reasons, I am willing to put that aside to conduct a seminar about local smallmouth fishing to help the ISA and Ken Rock.

I was kind of thinking we could do like a Backyard Bassin' type thing.

Basically just cover the type of gear for wading, yaking, lures, equipment, flies, catch and release and so on and so on.

I think we'll need to get about 4 to 5 guys to pull this off right. Of course more is always gooder.

Plus ISA membership info.

What do you think?

Ken-Rock is going to offer this FREE to the community.

It sounds like it is good for the community and good for getting the word out on ISA. Then I have questions.

When is it? Date is important because spring is a time for Fishing Shows and the Blow Out.

Will Rock River Fly Fishers be there? That would affect how we treat fly fishing and tying. I would work with them, not against them.

So it looks as if there are a few interested in going forward with this - rich mc, Jude, Paul T, Tim, Mike G, myself and Jim if we have Biscuits and Gravy.

I think that's enough for me to go ahead and let John at Ken-Rock know. I'll try to set up a sit down with him either tomorrow or sometime next week.

Thanks guys.

We'll be pushing membership also as we really don't have a push for membership in this area anymore now that we have dropped the outdoor showBe thinking of what to discuss and how we should present.

Guest rich mc

a saturday should have a bigger turnout.especially a late afternoon, so sports events with kids can be done earlier. i would plan on late march so we can push the closed season on smallies just before it starts . rich mc

Weekend for a one time event.

Weeknight for a series.

Schedule soon so people can mark their calendars. The earlier the better since by April guys will want to be fishing instead of talking about fishing.

John at Ken-Rock says he would like see this happen in March. That leaves us with March 9, 16, 23 and 30. The Blowout

is on the 2nd so that Saturday is out. I like the 23rd. or the 30th.

He also said that he will send out flyers in the mail about our seminar. Over 10,000 flyers will go out in the mail and I plan to play a

small roll in the designing of that.

I'd say pick a date and time and the rest of us can do our best to make it work. If you try to get everyone to agree on a date and time, you'll go crazy. I'd also keep it simple: no fly fishing, just spinning gear. Just my opinion. I can't wait to see what you come up with for a flyer. If you use that pic of me that you used for the tying thing, I'll sue you.

I'd say pick a date and time and the rest of us can do our best to make it work. If you try to get everyone to agree on a date and time, you'll go crazy. I'd also keep it simple: no fly fishing, just spinning gear. Just my opinion. I can't wait to see what you come up with for a flyer. If you use that pic of me that you used for the tying thing, I'll sue you.

Sounds good

Hear that Swami!?! We'll both sue!

I don't think Jim meant that. Stop trying to get Jim to play your silly little game. Leave Jim out of this.

Sue? You want to sue me if I use that picture again? You, my good man, look like a Sue in that picture. A hairy faced Sue but a Sue.

I'm not ascared of you.

• 1 month later...