Reel Review

Mike G

Orvis, horrible customer service, will never deal with again. The elitist attitude was too much for me.

I just had the opposite experience exchanging a pair of wading boots for a smaller size. Normally you'd have to pay return shipping. However even though I bought them online the guy at the Orvis Lombard store volunteered to set up the purchase as a gift for me to get around that cost. Btw while at the store I noticed a dvd for sale that covers flycasting from the basic cast all the way thru the dubl haul. All you newbie/would be ffers should pick one up.

I've had nothing but positive experiences with the customer service at the Orvis Lombard store where I purchased my first fly rod and reel this past summer. Ron, may have to add the casting video to my christmas list.

Jim,

I know what you're saying. I think it's hit and miss anywhere. I once visited the Orvis shop just north of Indy and the one older fellow they had there who was supposed to run their fly fishing dept. of the store (which was very small in relation to all the clothes and gifts they had) didn't have a clue about anything related to rods, reels, line, and tying materials. I was fortunate because I went in there knowing what I desired, but pity the poor novice that was actually coming in there for advice.

• 4 weeks later...