August picnic

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The picnic was great. 23 ISA members came out and enjoyed great food with Steve Spiz's tender, juicy, pork chop sandwiches, Ed Buric's wife's excellent potato salad, Pat Hirschtick's baked beans, hot dogs, corn on the cob, watermelon, cookies, fudge, pickles, and veggie tray. Did I miss anything? We even had entertainment when Swami got out the guitar. Thanks Ed for reserving the shelter and booking beautiful weather.

Hey guys, post some pictures!

Had a great time and I had a hard time fishing the Fox. That whole weed thing you guys got going on there was a challenge.

The Fox is a great looking river. Might have to make it over and down that way more often.

Thanks Ed for putting the picnic together.

I would like to extend my thanks to all that came out today and made this picnic such a success and it really was a success. Actually there were 25 in attendance counting John Loebach's wife and myself.

My personal thanks to all that contributed a dish to add to the feast.A special thank you to chef Spiz not only for his culinary expertise but for donating the pork chops as well. While the fishing didn't turn out all that well, the weather turned out to be perfect for a picnic. The goodwill, friendship and camaraderie exhibited by all really makes me proud to be a member of this organization.

Thank you

Ed Buric

I will get some pictures up as soon as I can. I know there were some other pictures taken, Feel free to post them if you have them.

I joined the picnic following a float from put in just below Geneva dam. Fishing was slow in this stretch and I switched to white terminator spinner bait when action picked up a bit and I pulled in four smallies including 14" and 16". The water was extremely low which made kayaking difficult. The weather, however, could not have been better. I sure enjoyed the picnic and the delicious food and pork chop sandwich Steve prepared. Thanks to Ed and all for a great picnic and great time.

11tl5z7.jpg

Thanks Ed for putting this together! Food was great. I outfished Swami, so it was a good day. Not that that's too tough, but had he outfished me, I couldn't live with myself.

The gracious host:

2012-08-11_12-17-46_444.jpg

Meat Master Spiz:

2012-08-11_12-16-06_480.jpg

The entertainment:

2012-08-11_12-17-56_994.jpg

At the trough:

2012-08-11_12-33-10_233.jpg

2012-08-11_12-32-52_243.jpg

The picnic was a very pleasant event. The food was excellent and the fishing chatter was informative. If you are an ISA member and have never participated in an ISA outing, you are really missing out. Whether it is a fishing trip, a cleanup, working an outdoor show, a winter meeting or a breakfast get together, this is where you can pick up some solid fishing tips. Gazatteers, pictures and fishing tackle usually become the focal points of lively exchanges with other members. At the picnic there was even some fly casting instruction going on. Thanks to all who worked so hard to put this together. The entertainment was an unexpected treat. Was that really Steve Earle?

It was good to see the n/w guys at the picnic.I fished for a cupl hrs afterwards. Found fish on a shallow shoal connected to shore only inches deep but in full shade.Hit 4 smb & a small carp on a crawfish type fly.Just like on the KKK the day before I lost the only good size one about 16" when it jumped.I can understand why golfers trash their clubs in frustration.