August picnic

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's now just a week and a day away. Rain or shine we have the picnic shelter reserved so we will be covered [pun intended].

Don't forget to let us know soon if you plan on attending so that we are able to have enough food for everyone.

Right now there are 13 confirmed attendees. I don't believe that breakfast was a serious suggestion but should anyone be interested Harners Bakery and Restaurant is not very far away.

Personally I plan on spending the morning fishing. The picnic will begin around 10:00 am with lunch being ready some where between 11:00 and noon [this is going to be a laid back informal day]

http://www.harners.us/

So far this is what we have been promised

1 corn on the cob

2 potato salad

3 baked beans

4 fresh fruit

5 something? I suggest a desert

6 a veggie tray

7 the bestest ever peanut butter fudge

and of course we will provide the pork chop sandwiches and beverages.

Anyone else that wishes to join in on THE social event of the Summer, let us know soon so that there will be enough for everyone.

Ed B

The bus will be leaving Cherry Valley at six am sharp. Yes, Terry, it will be a short one, so you'll feel right at home. I have room for two more riders if anyone's interested.

Ed, I cleared up my conflict and will be able to attend. I was thinking of doing a kayak float and fish early in the morning with end point at Glenwood for start of the picnic. Anyone interested in joining me and to help in kayak transport? Thought I would put in around St. Charles at sunrise?

Hey Bart...

I won't be floating, but if you don't get any takers, I'd be more than happy to drive you back upstream to your vehicle after lunch if you go solo.

You'll have to find someone else to share your blankie with, Terry. I plan on sitting at a picnic table. Andplease don't bring your bubble blowing supplies. Also, the bus leaves at 6, so whatever youplan to do in my driveway between 5:30 and 6, please keep it quiet so you don't disturb my neighbors.