August picnic

MARK YOUR CALENDARS !

This August let's have a picnic !

Saturday, August 11th we'll do a bit of clean up of the Fox river at Glenwood park in Batavia along with a morning of smallmouth fishing. Fly rod, spinning gear or bait casting whatever you prefer.

Then our own chef Spiz is going to work his culinary magic on some pork chop sandwiches for our picnic lunch.We'll have some pop, water and the condiments to go along with the sandwiches. Any one that would care to bring something to add to the lunch feel free to do so. I'll probably bring some dill pickles to share.

I expect this to be the THE social event of the Summer season so don't be left out. Please let us know if you plan to attend so that we can plan accordingly.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we meet for breakfast before lunch? Can your wife cater it and provide her Beef Stroganoff or her Beef Burgandy? "Yes" to either question and I'm in.

Heck...I'm in anyway. Maybe a few NW guys could carpool.

Can we meet for breakfast before lunch? Can your wife cater it and provide her Beef Stroganoff or her Beef Burgandy? "Yes" to either question and I'm in.

Heck...I'm in anyway. Maybe a few NW guys could carpool.

I just talked my wife into making some of her potato salad for the picnic. If you liked her beef stroganoff you're going to love her potato salad.

Sounds great! I was going to propose doing this but in a breakfast type in the N.W. Region next Spring.

It's hard to schedule an outing in the Spring with the weather and water levels, so I was thinking a breakfast picnic at one of the forest preserves

and then members could hit the water or banks, float or wade, all depending on what the weather and water levels are like.

Word is Paul makes a mean gravy for biscuits.

Maybe a few NW guys could carpool.

Sounds good to me. I'll have to check my schedule (wife) but if I am able to do this then I'll bring the towels.

I might come if some other NW guys want to travel in together. Terry and Jude let me know.

Sounds good! At this rate, the N.W. guys might out number the Chicago guys.

Sounds great! I was going to propose doing this but in a breakfast type in the N.W. Region next Spring.

It's hard to schedule an outing in the Spring with the weather and water levels, so I was thinking a breakfast picnic at one of the forest preserves

and then members could hit the water or banks, float or wade, all depending on what the weather and water levels are like.

Word is Paul makes a mean gravy for biscuits.

Sounds good to me. I'll have to check my schedule (wife) but if I am able to do this then I'll bring the towels.

An oshibori (おしぼり or お絞り?) or hot towel in English is a wet hand towel offered to customers in places such as restaurants or bars in Japan and in Japanese restaurants worldwide. Oshibori are used to clean one's hands before eating, and have long been a common sight in Japan. Cold oshibori are used in summer, and hot oshibori in winter. In mah-jong parlors, the words atsushibo and tsumeshibo, from the Japanese words atsui (熱い?), hot, and tsumetai (冷たい?), cold, are sometimes used to refer to hot and cold oshibori respectively.

I knew that. I'm not Jude.

An oshibori (おしぼり or お絞り?) or hot towel in English is a wet hand towel offered to customers in places such as restaurants or bars in Japan and in Japanese restaurants worldwide. Oshibori are used to clean one's hands before eating, and have long been a common sight in Japan. Cold oshibori are used in summer, and hot oshibori in winter. In mah-jong parlors, the words atsushibo and tsumeshibo, from the Japanese words atsui (熱い?), hot, and tsumetai (冷たい?), cold, are sometimes used to refer to hot and cold oshibori respectively.