West Branch Dupage water willo planting delayed to7/22/12 8am

The Dupage Forest Preserve is looking for help with planting this Sunday 7/22/12 at Mack road dog park on the east side of the West Branch Dupe. Drift is helping but the FPD could use more help. Anyone who missed the Fox planting here is a second chance. You will be working in the new restored habitat sections with the pros who planned it & what better chance to see the improvements while helping frost the cake. I will be there at 8, please let me know if you are coming.

John

Water willow planting on the West Branch of the DuPage River with DuPage County Forest Preserve ecologist Jessi Demartini.

Come out and help improve an already awesome stretch of river, conservation at its finest!

What: Plant water willows and seven other species of water plants.

Where: Meet at the dog park parking lot. 0.1 mile East of the River on Mack Road. Just East of the intersection of Route 59 and Mack Road.

When: 8:30 a.m. on July 22th

Important: We need at least 18 people, 6 teams of 3, to plant 1400 plugs. Jessi will supply equipment.

Gear: Waders or hip boots or wet wading. Dress appropriate for the weather.

Please call me at 630-605-0198 or e-mail me at pacu150@me.com to get a head count on people that will be participating.

Mike Peske

Director of Conservation

• 2 weeks later...