kish rock drop

Guest rich mc

Guest rich mc

The DeKalb forest preserve has had the rock delivered to potawattamie woods in Kirkland. This was from our conservation grant last year (ground never froze to deliver in the winter) It is at the first 90 degree bend in the river about a block into the park. Placing the rock may have begun or will start soon. if anyone gets out that way, try for some photos. rich

• 5 weeks later...

Called up my pop and asked if he would like to make a run to Potawattamie with me to snap a couple shots of riches rocks ( :o ) and do a bit of bank fishing.

Fishing wasn't all that great, or I should say the fishing wasn't great at all. Not much flow to the Kish in that area. We both got skunked.

Rocks have been placed but it looks to me that they may have underestimated the amount needed by a couple loads..........

What the heck do I know.

FILE0035-1.jpg

FILE0032-1.jpg

Guest rich mc

thanks for checking it out.in the photo it looks like it short of thetop of the bank but thats a high bank. can you imagine if the water up afoot or two . actually the benefit is not just the rock but keeping the bank and silt from moving downstream. look for a scour hole to be dug by mother nature at the downstream end. rich