6/9/12 - The Kishwaukee Thingy

I should be able to make it, maybe even to breakfast. The boys and I will be coming at least, and perhaps even the wife. Will not be able to bring the canoe however sorry.

I will not be able to make breakfast, so I'll see you guys at the park after nine.

:o No breakfast!

And by the way.........Jim J sent me some hand out stuff and also a few bronze backs.

JimR - Hope to see you there.

BREAKING NEWS

"Effectively immediately, the Winnebago County Forest Preserve District has banned alcohol at put-

in and take-out areas on the Kishwaukee River. Due to safety concerns and escalating incidents of dangerous

and illegal behavior by Kishwaukee River recreationalists, individuals getting in and out of the river will not be

allowed to have alcohol in their possession. Signs informing of the alcohol prohibition are posted at the launch

areas in Espenscheid, Blackhawk Springs and Kishwaukee River. Law enforcement officers will be present to

inform recreationalists and enforce the ban. The alcohol ban applies to the river access areas, only. Alcohol is not banned in other areas of

Espenscheid, Blackhawk Springs and Kishwaukee River Forest Preserves, nor at the other forest preserves in

Winnebago County."